Maxwell is not the top CB in freeagency

hawksurething

Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... rnerbacks/

I can't believe some media guys hype him up as the top CB !

He is good in hawks system yes. And yes he is a amazing CB ! ... But he is not the top CB as there are plenty out there who are better playing with less defensive help.

If a team wants to give him 10 mill ? Good for maxwell. Cya. Thank you for your Superbowl contribution and outstanding play.

Hawks should only keep the positions that they can't replace with better talent.

Which CB on the list in the link do you guys like more than maxwell ?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Do you really think all those guys are better than Maxwell? Because providing that link makes it seem like you do.

Reaction score
IMO, because he plays in the Hawks backfield he faces far more pressure/action than most other corners due to the fact that most teams shy away from Shermans side of the field.
He is the best FA corner.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2hzj1qja said:
Do you really think all those guys are better than Maxwell? Because providing that link makes it seem like you do.

Its not what I think...its just what they have done on the field with their given snaps. this is how profootball focus rates players. Opinions are not factual data.

Like times thrown at...QBrating throwing at them...ints...deflections...tackling... Etc...

Jville

Reaction score
I think Byron Maxwell is the best free agent defensive back available for any team looking to build a physical defensive backfield with a versatile team leader. He will be a big loss for Seattle and an impact player for whoever signs him.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Barthawk":3846yssu said:
Maxwell is a good corner, but the fact that he has been able to stay healthy for a 16 game season will hurt his value.
:229031_confused2:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Jville":1f8aen03 said:
I think Byron Maxwell is the best free agent defensive back available for any team looking to build a physical defensive backfield with a versatile team leader. He will be a big loss for Seattle and an impact player for whoever signs him.
This.

Maxi is the best on the market and will be paid like it. It's the same thing that happened last year, teams will pay for our players, Schofield even got a 2 year 8 mil deal before the Giants then cancelled it.

The OPs link is useless because it doesn't take into account scheme and what teams are willing to pay for. I like PFF but it's not without it's flaws. It doesn't take into account defensive scheme and specific player game plans.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I feel there is only one dummy out there that would pay a him 10 myn- THe Chipster

enamel

Reaction score
I like PFF's player rankings and performance evaluations, but they are really misaligned with how GM's look at the league. I agree with the OP's point that Maxwell's spot atop the free agent CB rankings may have been overstated by local media. But PFF is a bad predictor of market value. They frequently champion underrated and underpaid players as the best at their positions, and are skeptical of the value of top paid players.

rotoworld calls Maxwell #1
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/5 ... gents?pg=2

Walter Football calls him #4
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015CB.php

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Maxie is gonna get paid.

But I thought Kareem Jackson was top corner
available and this article agrees.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It's a sucky CB market, so saying this is no big stretch, but IDK if Flowers and Cromartie are really better than Maxi. At least Maxi will make a tackle and punch a ball out.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Barthawk":3t9uo9va said:
Hawkfan77":3t9uo9va said:
Barthawk":3t9uo9va said:
Maxwell is a good corner, but the fact that he has been able to stay healthy for a 16 game season will hurt his value.
:229031_confused2:
Edited. Should've read "hasn't"..
Haha ok, I figured but had to make sure

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
enamel":3g8nrymx said:
I like PFF's player rankings and performance evaluations, but they are really misaligned with how GM's look at the league. I agree with the OP's point that Maxwell's spot atop the free agent CB rankings may have been overstated by local media. But PFF is a bad predictor of market value. They frequently champion underrated and underpaid players as the best at their positions, and are skeptical of the value of top paid players.

rotoworld calls Maxwell #1
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/5 ... gents?pg=2

Walter Football calls him #4
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015CB.php

CBs would have to have a minimum 700 snaps to qualify as better than maxwell,along with a lower QBR & comp %,and amount of times thrown too.

Then you can add up the deflections,ints,tackles ;)

I love how max hits people.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
The Seahawks are entering that "2nd contract" territory for so many young players. A bi-product of drafting good for an extended duration of time. Unfortunately you can't re-sign everyone due to the salary cap. So you have to prioritize positions as to their importance in the hierarchy of the NFL. The Seahawks still have to pay their QB. Arguably the most important position in all of sports. They also have to pay Bobby Wagner who is one of their top 5 overall players on the team. The good news is Middle Linebackers are not the most expensive position. They are kind of middle of the road. But with the team already paying Russell Okung, Max Unger, Cliff Avril, Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, and Earl Thomas. After Wilson and Wagner get paid, there simply will not be the type of money to re-sign Maxwell that he can get out on the open market. Look across the NFL and you will see no one can pay both starting CB's top dollar. That is why every offseason there are good CB's to be had. And good WR's. Teams can usually pay one, but not two.

Vetamur

Reaction score
hawksurething":a8z9ad5y said:
Hawks should only keep the positions that they can't replace with better talent.

This is genius.

Rat

Reaction score
He may be a great fit for our system, but everyone is copying our system. That makes him a great fit for many teams.