Is 'Shawn playing a form of Sherman's "rant" ???

Rocket

Reaction score
Just before Sherman did his rant to the nice blonde sports lady, he did a virtually identical "performance" to a spanish TV reporter... not many people mentioned this, but I saw it. Sorry I didn't grab a link. Bad Rocket.

Since the Beast is patenting "I'm all about that action Boss" and now "I'm just here so I won't get fined", is it possible that the beast has been acutely aware of the marketability of his words for his shirts the whole time?

Might he be playing the same game as Sherm, albeit at a much lower level? Does Sherm give Sports marketing 101 classes for his teammates.

NOTE: this is not a dig on 'Shawn, if it's true it's freakin' BRILLIANT !!!

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... get-fined/

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think it's smart on his part. Make yourself so unwilling to do interviews that anything you say will be worth money. Also don't forget that he wore his Beast Mode branded Caps, sunglasses that people are now asking about, and I wouldn't be surprised if the necklace he wore would also be available for purchase. It will definitely help his Fam 1st Family Foundation that's for sure.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yes. Put me in the camp who believes its all been an act and a business decision. And I don't hold anything against him for it, more power to him.

I've felt it was just an act all the way back to when he was on the real rob report and he'd get clowned about not talking.

kearly

Reaction score
Yeah I think it's pretty safe to say he's gotten over his stage fright with beat reporters now. He felt uncomfortable with the role of being a robot, and now he's discovered the thrill of playing the rebel.

This is why I've always thought that Marshawn is secretly a very intelligent man. He's kind of accidentally smart at times, but there is a method to his madness. And his (real) interviews have always had a glimmer of depth and insight.