Earl's surgery.......

mistaowen

Reaction score
It is amazing how banged up our secondary was in the SB and they still only picked on Simon. Guys are warriors.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
To give you all a timetable for recovery.

The first Sunday of the regular season is Sunday September 6. That is roughly 6 months and 1 week from now

His recovery time says 6-8 months. Meaning even if he is recovered in 6 months, will he have the strength in his upper body, especially shoulder area, to be ready for week 1? He will likely miss all of training camp. Will his body be ready for contact week 1?

Of course 7 months would be late September and 8 months would be late October. Earl is such a huge part of this defense that the PUP list would be a huge blow for this team. But to have the best Earl Thomas on the field, this might be the best course of action. Have a healthy Thomas for the last 2 months of the season and the postseason

Marlin Man

Reaction score
so why didn't they do it 2-3 weeks ago? Only thing I can think is they had to wait for swelling to go down? Hell, he won't be ready to play until Nov at best???? we better be picking us up a headhunter to play his place and to back up him and Chancellor long term----- Shaq thompson UW-- 2nd round- if taught well, he has the tools AND the heart to fill those BIG shoes

Veilside

Reaction score
This more than anything tells me that we are going to have to get a major upgrade on the offense or Dline and possibly both. Filling in for depth isn't going to get it done this time. Not without Earl for the start of the season.

JonRud

Reaction score
I can't even imagine a Hawks game without Earl back there. Something tells me he will be ready to go Week 1.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2v7bflsj said:
so why didn't they do it 2-3 weeks ago?

NFL players like to use the top doctors in the field, and often get a second opinion. Those doctors have busy schedules.
Timeline is very reasonable.

kidhawk

Reaction score
When I think about this, I ask myself....would I have rather had Earl for the Super Bowl or risk him missing the start of the following season. I invariably answer that I'd rather risk him missing the start of this upcoming season. And that is even after knowing the outcome of the game

Jville

Reaction score
Best speed Earl .....

This news opens up OTA and training camp competition at free safety. Steven Terrell has a similar size and the requisite center field range. Eric Pinkins has an intriguing combination of size, length and range along with a pressing need for developmental snaps. And, DeShawn Shead remains a valued multi-position backup with a renewed opportunity to get defensive snaps next August.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Marlin Man":14q399oi said:
so why didn't they do it 2-3 weeks ago? Only thing I can think is they had to wait for swelling to go down? Hell, he won't be ready to play until Nov at best???? we better be picking us up a headhunter to play his place and to back up him and Chancellor long term----- Shaq thompson UW-- 2nd round- if taught well, he has the tools AND the heart to fill those BIG shoes
I remember something about him getting a second opinion, and yes, they probably needed the swelling to go away to get the clearest MRI.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I don't think its a total disaster to give a few weeks of PT to a guy like Bailey or Jeron Johnson. They've been shadowing the best safety in the game for a while now (at least Johnson has), I think he certainly could step up for a few weeks.

Its not a bad thing to give some playing time to guys who would otherwise never see the field. At least Carroll and Co. can go into the offseason knowing they have to prepare for this rather than a sudden mid-season injury. Not a disaster.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://instagram.com/p/zgG10_B1oh/[/urltargetblank]

10477259_342262882646255_6156296214171169297_n.jpg

The above instagram photo "Starring ET3"....tweeted from Earl's Twitter a few minutes ago

Playmaker21

Reaction score
Not to sound like an arrogant 12, but the team will be fine without Earl for the first month or so. San Francisco and the Rams (wherever they are playing) are not going to be an issue in 2015. Yes there is Arizona, but I think they have done well with "smoke and mirrors" the past two seasons. So let Earl be 100% when he comes back.

nash72

Reaction score
I'm betting he doesn't play until midseason which will be a disaster in my opinion. Nobody wants him to come back too early and reinjure himself. Man, could be a tough season.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":2chbykaa said:
[urltargetblank]https://instagram.com/p/zgG10_B1oh/[/urltargetblank]

10477259_342262882646255_6156296214171169297_n.jpg

The above instagram photo "Starring ET3"....tweeted from Earl's Twitter a few minutes ago

My wife just sent me the photo.
Came to post it.
Glad to see somebody is on the ball.