Buying CSLs

mikeak

Reaction score
Is there any other way to find and buy CSLs than the STR marketplace? They charge a stupid amount of 10% from the seller and 10% from the buyer. While that "acceptable" when CSLs were running at $3,000 it is just absurd at CSLs selling for $10k plus.

I know CSLs on sale that I am interested in - anyone know how to get my contact information to the owner of the seats so that we can do a private transaction still secured via the Seahawks (lower 5% fee)

Thanks!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume most folks on here have absolutely no experience in purchasing CSLs. My guess is if you can afford $3k-$10k/seat for CSLs. You're probably too busy with work/life to waste it on an internet forum.

TAB420

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1rzovfr8 said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume most folks on here have absolutely no interest in purchasing CSLs. My guess is if you can afford $3k-$10k/seat for CSLs. You're probably too busy with work/life to waste it on an internet forum.

Wait...This is a waste of time?

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1i8alcju said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume most folks on here have absolutely no interest in purchasing CSLs. My guess is if you can afford $3k-$10k/seat for CSLs. You're probably too busy with work/life to waste it on an internet forum.

Well I see no difference between putting that money in a 1-3% savings account vs a CSL that while it yields no return allows me to buy tickets at face value. Actually saves me way more vs scalping tickets... If you consider buying tickets on the secondary market then you are paying more than $100 extra per game and often more. That is a net loss of $800+ / year. Or a negative return of 8% on $10k.

Buy the CSL for $10k. Have a zero return and sell the asset when you are done....

getnasty

Reaction score
mikeak":d7fmwhkb said:
ZagHawk":d7fmwhkb said:

Well I see no difference between putting that money in a 1-3% savings account vs a CSL that while it yields no return allows me to buy tickets at face value. Actually saves me way more vs scalping tickets... If you consider buying tickets on the secondary market then you are paying more than $100 extra per game and often more. That is a net loss of $800+ / year. Or a negative return of 8% on $10k.

Buy the CSL for $10k. Have a zero return and sell the asset when you are done....

I'm gonna try to run this logic by my wife and see if she goes for it.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2snqbete said:
Hey Zag.....did you happen to notice that the OP has over 4000 posts? That's a lot of "wasted time"!

This had nothing to do with basketball, so please excuse his error in judgement.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Im cheap even though i make very good money. Also I'm lurking on here everyday and even post sometimes!!! Did the OP assume only poor people that use the internet?

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1o6mdcec said:
Im cheap even though i make very good money. Also I'm lurking on here everyday and even post sometimes!!! Did the OP assume only poor people that use the internet?

No idea what this means

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
BlueBlood":wdnh6507 said:

Not the OP but apparently the 2nd poster.....

BlueBlood

Reaction score
mikeak":2xpvd089 said:
BlueBlood":2xpvd089 said:

Oh true!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
From what I have seen, I don't think you can get a PSL for $10K each. My guess is about $12K minimum.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
TAB420":79dkmtxc said:
ZagHawk":79dkmtxc said:

Wait...This is a waste of time?

I see an internet forum as basically the online version of going to a bar and talking crap with random people. Some of it is educational, some entertaining, some hostile. It's entertainment, is it a good use of time, probably not, but it's entertainment.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":goh9kdmn said:
BlueBlood":goh9kdmn said:

No I'm saying the person who has $10-$40k of disposable income to spend on CSLs is probably not someone who lurks on internet forums. And I would consider having that kind of money to spend on CSLs being normal thus not being that being..."poor". If anything, that would be considered being "rich". If anything poor people (or those in poverty) don't have internet, middle income do and use it, and the 1% also do, but spend their time making money or living luxurious rather than wasting it on an internet forum. i.e. I don't think Paul Allen, Bill Gates, or heck even any of the Seahawks players ever visit these forums.

Hell is there anyone on here who has time to regularly post/read this forum makes over 300k/year? if so, then I want your job.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hmm, I was hoping someone would say what a CSL is and then I see it may also be called a PSL. What? And they can cost 10k?

SC

Marvin49

Reaction score
I can't speak for the Clink but I'm assuming its similar to the 49ers and Levis.

The answer would be no. With Levis, almost every seat is attached to a sold SBL (Stadium Builders License...just another name for PSL) and you will have to purchase them from people who already own them on the marketplace.

Even after a dismal year in in my section my 5k per seat SBLs are selling for 18k. Its like a stock...it'll go up or down. That was one of the benefits of getting them on initial release.

Then again if Tomsula sucks as much as the media seems to think he will those SBLs will suddenly become much more affordable.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":2dziebdo said:
Hmm, I was hoping someone would say what a CSL is and then I see it may also be called a PSL. What? And they can cost 10k?

SC

or more depending on seat location and how many of the seats are stacked together because obviously finding 4/6 seats together is much harder than a single pair.

For fun I checked what Levi's stadium PSL/CSLs cost when it first opened and they were at like $100k/seat in some cases. So I guess we should consider ourselves lucky.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2tumnbm8 said:
StoneCold":2tumnbm8 said:

SC

or more depending on seat location and how many of the seats are stacked together because obviously finding 4/6 seats together is much harder than a single pair.

For fun I checked what Levi's stadium PSL/CSLs cost when it first opened and they were at like $100k/seat in some cases. So I guess we should consider ourselves lucky.

Totally dependent on club/non club and location.

100k was for club seats on the 50 on either side (they also get SB ticket options automatically). Other club seats were 30k or 20k depending on how far from the 50. Only 9K of the 68K seats were club. These BTW also get club access and is a big reason why they look empty on TV...the sunny side is on camera and in the heat peeps run for the clubs to cool off.

The rest sold initially from 12K to 2k dependent on location. Mine were 5k and I'm on the second deck of home sideline. I'm right on the goal line.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":3w25yudl said:
From what I have seen, I don't think you can get a PSL for $10K each. My guess is about $12K minimum.

The prices listed are not what they are selling for. Lots of the CSLs have ended up with scalpers that basically say if you want to pay me $40k then I will sell them.

You can download an excel file from the site that shows the sale prices of actually sold. Depending on the seat you can get down there.

Check your PMs