Looks like Simon Had (is having) his Surgery

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kam_Chancellor/status/570630665265287168[/tweet]

Kam tweeted his wishes for a speedy recovery and did the same for Earl yesterday.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
JTB":109l7heu said:
I think it's on his shoulder.

I think you're right. I saw Kam tweet something about a knee in the same group of tweets as the recovery tweet and didn't realize until now he was replying to a tweet about his own knee I've edited the title

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the shoulder he separated on Dec. 21 at Arizona.
[youtube]Viez5uEPluU[/youtube]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Matt_Muench/status/570610912375271424[/tweet]

To anyone who sent hateful tweets to a guy battling for your team with a separated shoulder . . . GFY!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/lasnoop24/status/554156764040404992[/tweet]

olyfan63

Reaction score
I didn't see any shoulder-separating contact on that play... did it happen on a different, earlier play, or can these happen without contact?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":fyjfaqzg said:
Are we sure it's not to treat 3rd degree burns?
That was so funny I need a barf bag. What's your problem?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2hge2jlo said:
Hasselbeck":2hge2jlo said:
That was so funny I need a barf bag. What's your problem?
What's sad is it probably took him all day to think of something "clever" and that's all he could up with.

It's like no one realizes have a bad wrist and separated shoulder effected his play. I guess when he was fully healthy during the regular season and playing really well accounts for nothing.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Man people are harsh on Simon.. red shirted his freshman, thrown in the fire in the playoffs with a dislocated shoulder that needed surgery trying to play man vs. receivers who catch 100 balls a year...

He'll get his surgery. He'll get coached up. He'll get more practice and more experience. And come back next year at a good level.

pehawk

Reaction score
Vetamur":u88fyldl said:
Man people are harsh on Simon.. red shirted his freshman, thrown in the fire in the playoffs with a dislocated shoulder that needed surgery trying to play man vs. receivers who catch 100 balls a year...

He'll get his surgery. He'll get coached up. He'll get more practice and more experience. And come back next year at a good level.

Exactly.

Simon is a more natural CB than anyone else on the roster. Sherm and Maxwell are football players who, through coaching and studying, have become great CB's. Simon IS a CB.

Simon will get there.

Hyak

Reaction score
His play definitely was worse after the injury. Still, he has to have a good offseason and camp to step up as he'll ebe target #1 until he makes other teams pay.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1irzntoa said:

Seems he' was not able to use his pointing finger correctly.

netskier

Reaction score
Do we know how he hurt his shoulder, game or practice? How brittle is he?

Vetamur

Reaction score
netskier":3v2qv6nj said:
The link is in this thread .... the video of the game he got hurt.

McGruff

Reaction score
netskier":w1kduznh said:

I heard he dislocated it while gesturing to the refs for a penalty flag to be thrown :D

JK of course. Simon was so,lid in preseason and spot duty through most of the season. I do think the long season and body wear and tear left him vulnerable in the playoffs.

However, one cause for concern is that Simon was one of a dozen or so players on the LSU coaches "do not draft" list because of work ethic issues. Will he put in the rehab, film and field time to take advantage of his considerable talent?

McGruff

Reaction score
olyfan63":npw7makh said:
I didn't see any shoulder-separating contact on that play... did it happen on a different, earlier play, or can these happen without contact?

He planted his hand in the turf breaking back with the receiver, and that seems to have jarred his shoulder.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Vetamur":10nj2ojc said:

He's going to be Maxwell's replacement and he will do just fine. As remarked upthread from a talent standpoint he is the most natural CB we have and he will get better by coaching and who is on the field with him (LoB).

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Vetamur":a0bypmnb said:

Word. It's way too early to give up on this kid just yet.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Vetamur":1etlbdza said:

Unfortunately Simon's on a team where the expectations for our DB's is extremely high..........and our entire defensive DB scheme is predicated on our outside DB's dominating.

It doesn't help that he's had some really dumb penalties and seems to beg for flags on seemingly every pass that's completed against him. Doesn't exactly ingratiate himself to fans and those that are critical of him.