The Ginja Ninja (Jon Ryan) gets tested for PEDS

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JonRyan9/status/570773361447477248[/tweet]

America Ninja Warrior, folks...oh Irvin got tested too.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
They can just show up to your home and demand a drug test, in the offseason? Wtf man.

Also please pass Irvin.

HawkGA

Reaction score
keatonisballin":3gjnshl4 said:
They can just show up to your home and demand a drug test, in the offseason? Wtf man.

Also please pass Irvin.

That's kind of a good point. Aren't the ployers supposed to have absolutely no contact with the teams at the moment (save for maybe contract negotiations)?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
0ne of the mods is being super anal...

Moving a post about Jon Ryan to NFL Nation.

Lol.

A

Anonymous

Pandion Haliaetus":fry5m9ou said:

Lol.

That, or not up on the latest nicknames.

:les:

All better now.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":zix76vwo said:
Pandion Haliaetus":zix76vwo said:

Lol.

That, or not up on the latest nicknames.

:les:

All better now.

Wouldn't the first post have given it away though? I'm presuming you just moved it without clicking on the post.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I don't see an issue with this.

I mean don't most athletes who do PEDs try to do it in the offseason and then cycle it out of their systems when the season starts. This is the prevent that from happening. So I don't see the issue.

Another one of those things where, if you're innocent, it shouldn't matter other than being an inconvenience.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
^^^ Except they shouldn't be calling them random. Getting tested right after you publicly post a photo of you looking good is not random. Kind of like Earl getting tested the week of the Owl because he tweeted his shoulder was fine.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":5fqso9fl said:
^^^ Except they shouldn't be calling them random. Getting tested right after you publicly post a photo of you looking good is not random. Kind of like Earl getting tested the week of the Owl because he tweeted his shoulder was fine.

They just need to change the verbage.....replace random with surprise

ZagHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ex8nz1j said:
Seanhawk":1ex8nz1j said:

They just need to change the verbage.....replace random with surprise

Unless there is a schedule bot that goes down the line of all NFL players and I dunno just does some pick where every 7th name gets tested that week, it's never going to be 100% random. Like getting "randomly" selected for extra search by the TSA, we all know those are barely random. But again what's the big deal? got nothing to hide, it's a minor inconvenience. Honestly you want the non-random random checks. Because lets face it if ET was NOT on the Seahawks and some Patriots player posted the same exact thing, you'd be just slightly curious if anything "extra" contributed to the faster recovery.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Testing aside, that photo should definitely remove any belief that Jon is "just" a punter and not an athlete.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I don't think these test are random at all. I see it on twitter all the time, these athletes joking around about it, Ryan, Thomas, etc.

NFL player on social media - "Just had the best workout ever, made huge gains today, feeling the strongest I've ever felt!!"

Next morning at the athletes house, knock knock, "Hello, were here to perform a random drug test in accordance with NFL policy."

;)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":i6olf8jg said:
I don't think these test are random at all. I see it on twitter all the time, these athletes joking around about it, Ryan, Thomas, etc.

NFL player on social media - "Just had the best workout ever, made huge gains today, feeling the strongest I've ever felt!!"

Next morning at the athletes house, knock knock, "Hello, were here to perform a random drug test in accordance with NFL policy."

;)

Well that and the Seahawks were/are like the #2 team with the highest failed PED tests in the past whatever years. Keep your guys clean for a good long while, and the "random" tests slow down. I think last year was a clean year right? hopefully the Hawks can keep it up for another 2-3 years and I think the "random" tests become a lot less random.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2smgfqa3 said:
twisted_steel2":2smgfqa3 said:

;)

Well that and the Seahawks were/are like the #2 team with the highest failed PED tests in the past whatever years. Keep your guys clean for a good long while, and the "random" tests slow down. I think last year was a clean year right? hopefully the Hawks can keep it up for another 2-3 years and I think the "random" tests become a lot less random.

I think we have been PED free since May of 2013 when Irvin got busted which if that is the case then we are almost pushing 2 years of no PED issues.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seanhawk":14if95y2 said:
Yep, still waiting for the "walking HGH" Gronk to get tested. Not likely however.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
it's all in good fun - it's like the Sopranos, except the side that isn't making the money has to find a way legally to get some.

bs - that's why Lynch does what he does - and ADB and Sherm do what they do - they know better.

Seafan

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2q78yu7n said:

I mean don't most athletes who do PEDs try to do it in the offseason and then cycle it out of their systems when the season starts. This is the prevent that from happening. So I don't see the issue.

Another one of those things where, if you're innocent, it shouldn't matter other than being an inconvenience.
Taking PEDs in the offseason doesn't make any sense. Testing for PEDs in the off season makes even less sense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3ffy7ml0 said:
twisted_steel2":3ffy7ml0 said:

;)

Not if Goodell has anything to say about it, and it probably doesn't help that Sherman exposed Goodell and his close nit relationship with Robert Kraft, when "Deflate Gate" was in full bloom.
Goodell will have his pound of flesh, even if it means harassing the players or anyone else for shining the spotlight on his "Conflict Of Interest", or other underhanded ways of doing business.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Seafan":3aing7y1 said:
ZagHawk":3aing7y1 said:

Taking PEDs in the offseason doesn't make any sense. Testing for PEDs in the off season makes even less sense.

I'm not going to pretend I'm some expert on PEDs. But the theory being that PEDs give you that extra edge in training to build muscle (bigger, stronger, faster right?) and/or recover quicker from whatever ailments you may have suffered at the end of the season. Then hopefully before the season starts you drop it and it cycles out of your system before you get tested but by then the advantages of taking PEDs has already boosted your offseason workouts/recovery/gains.

Example: Look at Alistair Overeem, I believe he has tested positive for PEDs in the past, but he has gone through many others fights with clean tests my guess due to cycling properly. But yeah look at this and tell me this dude is "just working out and eating right"

3163506956 2de2e4b75e medium

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Part of playing in the NFL. Drug testing year round keeps the cheaters at bay. Nothing dumb about it at all.

Move along, nothing to see.