[VIDEO] Lynch and NFL players interviewed on Turkish TV

drdiags

Reaction score
I saw that PFT posted this link to a turkish translation of a 27 minute interview with Lynch, Deangelo Williams and some Cleveland TE.

[youtube]79zQ0TL1vmI[/youtube]

Wish there was an option to turn off the translation but he and Williams make their comments on the goal line play in the Superbowl toward the end of the interview.(~20 odd minutes in, I think)

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Here is a Yahoo story that captures what was voiced over in the link above:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"To be honest with you, I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I was expecting the ball. Yes, I was expecting the ball. But in life, these things happen. Like I told a reporter after the game, it's a team sport.

"I had no problem with the decision of the playcalling. I mean, you know ... I think it was more of a ... how do I say this? When you look at me, and you let me run that ball in ... I am the face of the nation. You know, MVP of the Super Bowl ... that's pretty much the face of the nation at that point of time. I don't know what went into that call. I mean, maybe it was a good thing that I didn't get the ball. I mean, you know, it cost us the Super Bowl. I mean, I have full ... I have full confidence in my teammates to execute that plan because we've done it so many more times. But would I love to had the ball in? Yes, I would have.

"But the game is over, and I am in Turkey."

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
"I had no problem with the decision of the play calling. I mean, you know, I think it was more of a ... how do I say this? When you look at me, and you let me run that ball in, I am the face of the nation. You know, MVP of the Super Bowl, that's pretty much the face of the nation at that point of time.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId= ... rc=desktop

You guys do realize what he's saying here, right?

jake206

Reaction score
I think only 1 sentence summarizes what he said.

"The game is over and I am in Turkey." ~ Beast on SB 49

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I hate seeing this, it just proves that Bevell lacks the necessary brain skills to be an offensive coordinator.

I won't ever believe anything different. Worst call ever.

Were on to SB 50.

Rocket

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1bu3kg3p said:
"I had no problem with the decision of the play calling. I mean, you know, I think it was more of a ... how do I say this? When you look at me, and you let me run that ball in, I am the face of the nation. You know, MVP of the Super Bowl, that's pretty much the face of the nation at that point of time.

Damn right, Bro... a thought that has been thunked on more than one occasion.
Then again, perhaps he was just sayin' something else... but similar.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I hate reopening this wound and if it were to happen I wish it had happened in the first quarter, where it would've just been a footnote in history, but I had no issue with passing on 2nd down given time remaining and having 1 timeout, though I think I'd l'd do something other than passing over the middle. That said, I hate #24 feeding the conspiracy they didn't want him to be SB MVP, effectively tarnishing the integrity of his own coaches and creating/adding to lockerroom toxicity. He got the ball on 1st down, had it been incomplete, he'd have gotten it on 3rd down, they'd call the third timeout, and barring a 3rd down loss of yardage, he'd have gotten it on 4th down, or 3 of 4 chances for him to be "face of America", as he put it.

AVL

Reaction score
Looks like Lynch is handling this better than some of you.

Many of the niners fans (and maybe management) couldn't stand their OC. and constantly called for his replacement.

They finally got their wish.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":sbe4msg1 said:

This... is not a good thing.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I'm sorry but if Lynch or anyone else thinks they chose to throw on 2nd down so Lynch wouldn't get the MVP they are delusional. They ran it on first down! Why not throw? It was a bad play call on 2nd down, end of story.

nash72

Reaction score
I don't know about all that jazz of Carroll, Seattle, and the NFL not wanting Lynch to be the MVP, but there is definitely some bad blood still boiling here. It was said that after the interception in the super bowl, Lynch walked by Carroll and just laughed at him. Don't know if that's true or not. Lynch also has some bitterness towards Bevell with the whole flipping off deal against the Cardinals and all. Might get ugly this upcoming season.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":8ybty9ds said:

Yeah, he's saying he wanted the ball and thought he would score and be the MVP, but that he has full confidence in his team mates to execute that play and that he had no problem with the call and the game is over. What did you hear?

SC