Lynch does interview, in Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
There's also a story about it with a partial written transcript of his interview here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 53725.html

In my opinion, it would seem he feels like he didn't get the ball on that fateful play because someone didn't want him to be the MVP of the game. He says "When you look at me, and you let me run that ball in ... I am the face of the nation. You know, MVP of the Super Bowl ... that's pretty much the face of the nation at that point of time". He also says the right things too, soft selling his comments, when he says "it's a team game" and "I have full confidence in my teammates to execute that plan" but I believe he thinks there was a conscious decision not to give him the ball.

Such a conspiracy would likely never be proved if true, but sadly to me I feel there's at least a chance it is.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
I love Lynch, but if he is firing a shot acros the bow of Wilson or coaches on this , why didn't he score on the play before, he is almost 30...we all know what happens then with RB's, Quite frankly getting a little tired of his offseason BS....either take the deal (which is reportly highest in th league for a RB) or retire...but you story is growing tiresome, caveat if he signs it he is one of the greatest Hawks ever....if not next!

sc85sis

Reaction score
There was just as great a chance of Matthews being named MVP. Without all his clutch catches, the Hawks aren't even in the game.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
The " it's a team game " line is all that was needed about that play from Lynch this looks bad and is something he should have expressed to Coach Carroll in private. Lynch's act is old, yes he's been a great player but at some point the negatives outweigh the positives. Whatever the front office does or doesn't do with him I'm fine with.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised at some of the hate. As long as he keeps cranking out 1,200 yard seasons, I'm fine with him yakking with the Turkish media.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I guess you can read whatever you want to in Lynch's words. Obviously, some folks still want to beat the same dead horse...oh, well.

Of course he wanted the ball; what baller wouldn't ?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with what he said. He was being real saying that's been the prevailing thought around the world anyway. He maintains that it's a team game. Nothing wrong with a player the caliber of Lynch being confident he would have punched the ball in given the opportunity. So, some in here think he should have not acknowledged the elephant in the room?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
sc85sis":2do07922 said:
There was just as great a chance of Matthews being named MVP. Without all his clutch catches, the Hawks aren't even in the game.

Especially since the MVP votes are calculated and an MVP is chosen before the end of the game. The MVP was likely already chosen before Seattle's final drive, and it was probably Matthews, Lynch, or Wilson regardless of that last play.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3bgc4ah5 said:
sc85sis":3bgc4ah5 said:

Especially since the MVP votes are calculated and an MVP is chosen before the end of the game. The MVP was likely already chosen before Seattle's final drive, and it was probably Matthews, Lynch, or Wilson regardless of that last play.
I think the talk of MVP was secondary to him. I think he's primarily saying that the game should have went the other way and him running the ball seemed like a great option in a game of that magnitude and given the situation.

kf3339

Reaction score
I think Lynch was just giving an honest opinion and good for him. Who says he has to spew the company line regarding that play. He has every right to voice his opinion, which is what all the media have asked of him the last few years.

So again good for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.