JUST REWATCHED REGUAR SEASON GAME AGAINST OAKLAND

morgulon1

Reaction score
Kind of fun. We were 4-3, 0-1 in the division and 2 games behind the NFL darling Cardinals.....

I look at this game as a representation of the season. Wagner was out (rookie Brock Coyle started) and on the offensive
line we were missing LT Okung and Max Unger. We should of been up 28 or 35 to 3 heading into the 4th qtr but instead
held a 24-17 lead .

The biggest single thing that sticks out IMHO is lack of a tight end. Luke Willson after three quarters had missed 4 passes. WTF? I like the idea of his speed but the guy has horrible ball skills, no instincts. In other words he can't catch
the football. We would go onto win the game but this has to be addressed in some form I think.

Why Oakland? I don't know why I chose that game to watch.

original poster

Reaction score
I've re-watched all the regular season games over the last week or so, it was great seeing most of the games but there were certainly some shocking moments!

HopScotch

Reaction score
At this point, Luke Willson is essentially a clone of Kearse, but he drops the ball more frequently. Really hope he fixes that, because athletically (as we saw in the Cardinals game) he could easily become a dynamo as a receiving TE.

original poster

Reaction score
HopScotch":1m2xnt3a said:
At this point, Luke Willson is essentially a clone of Kearse, but he drops the ball more frequently. Really hope he fixes that, because athletically (as we saw in the Cardinals game) he could easily become a dynamo as a receiving TE.

I agree there is potential for him to become great!

I had him picked for MVP at the Superbowl.

olyfan63

Reaction score
There are certain catches Willson struggles to make, and Wilson is still in the process of learning how to throw catchable balls for Willson. High, hard rockets aren't Willson's easiest catch. Neither are body-twisting high-reachers. Willson does great with floaters he can run under, though. That's what Wilson threw him for big plays in the Cardinals game.

original poster

Reaction score
olyfan63":1cloinhe said:
There are certain catches Willson struggles to make, and Wilson is still in the process of learning how to throw catchable balls for Willson. High, hard rockets aren't Willson's easiest catch. Neither are body-twisting high-reachers. Willson does great with floaters he can run under, though. That's what Wilson threw him for big plays in the Cardinals game.

Yeah to be fair Id be very concerned if be couldn't catch them!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
original poster":30aejrkr said:
HopScotch":30aejrkr said:

Did we even dress tight ends for the Super Bowl? I didn't see any. :sarcasm_off:

A

Anonymous

KARAVARUS":41ueby5j said:
Did we even dress tight ends for the Super Bowl? I didn't see any. :sarcasm_off:

Why is this sarcasm?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don't think the game plan in SB XLIX had any players at all for TEs. Of course Bevell had a plan and that plan blew up in his face.

original poster

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2a453fej said:
original poster":2a453fej said:
HopScotch":2a453fej said:

I don't think there was a single attempt to pass to a TE, no.

daveca5150

Reaction score
I haven't rewatched, but I remember being impressed with Carr and thinking the Raiders D is legit. That 4th quarter was scary to watch with our defensive injuries and lack of pressure on Carr. Didn't they beat KC the next week?

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
daveca5150":2pbr7ynl said:
I haven't rewatched, but I remember being impressed with Carr and thinking the Raiders D is legit. That 4th quarter was scary to watch with our defensive injuries and lack of pressure on Carr. Didn't they beat KC the next week?

Dave, it was the next week or two but pretty close to after they played us. That rookie LB is a great young talent.