Lofa is back!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Plus he grew up in Pete's system. This is a damned good move, I could see him being the DC eventually.

I also remember Barrow. He was a hell of a LBer at Miami and ...Washington ? He did decent in the Pro's. Some street cred and football IQ here. I like it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
This was mentioned about 2 weeks ago here in .NET. However, If Lofa's return is still this far under the radar, you might be able to snag a vintage Lofa Tatupu Seahawks jersey on eBay. There are even some signed ones.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't blame anyone who may have taken a break from football after that final game, but yeah this and several other coaching moves were discussed thoroughly when they actually happened. And yes it was a good move to bring him back into the fold. I hope he does well for many reasons.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Actually, *I* was so excited to see Lofa rejoin the Hawks in a coaching capacity, and I think he'll be a super-awesome coach, that I DID dash out and grab a Tatupu vintage jersey. I didn't spring for the signed one, but maybe I'll catch Lofa out and about while wearing it and get it signed in person. Ya never know.

Lofa was just absolutely amazing as a rook, super-smart player, and a huge reason the 'Hawks even got to the Super Bowl. Put that together with having played for Pete in college, and what more could you want in a coach-in-development.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
olyfan63":3ijlvufg said:
Actually, *I* was so excited to see Lofa rejoin the Hawks in a coaching capacity, and I think he'll be a super-awesome coach, that I DID dash out and grab a Tatupu vintage jersey. I didn't spring for the signed one, but maybe I'll catch Lofa out and about while wearing it and get it signed in person. Ya never know.

Lofa was just absolutely amazing as a rook, super-smart player, and a huge reason the 'Hawks even got to the Super Bowl. Put that together with having played for Pete in college, and what more could you want in a coach-in-development.

Lost Marquand Manuel, gained Lofa = Net gain among our assistant coordinators, IMO. Marquand is no slouch, but Lofa's knowledge of both the secondary and front 7 represents a bump upward. I'm completely confident that he can transfer his knowledge into super-effective coaching.