Lynch - Get on my back

nwHawk

Reaction score
I have to wonder if Lynch is drawing attention to himself about "the play" in order to keep the tension focused. That way speculation does not tear this team apart. He knows he can handle it, and I believe the team knows he'll shed the spotlight like a would be tackler when the time comes.

As for the Lynch contract situation, the public "unknown" actually an advantage for the Hawks if Lynch really is going to resign. It would cause other teams to act / react differently than if they knew for sure he was in play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
nwHawk":1p5t7yzm said:
I have to wonder if Lynch is drawing attention to himself about "the play" in order to keep the tension focused. That way speculation does not tear this team apart. He knows he can handle it, and I believe the team knows he'll shed the spotlight like a would be tackler when the time comes.

I don't get the connection or what you mean by "tension focused." Dude was asked a question, and he answered it honestly, end of story for me.

Now the whole thing about not handing him the ball because of some pre-ordained conspiracy to not have him be the "face of the nation?" That's silly. I get that quite a few players have said this, but IMO that's just laughable.

A

Anonymous

nwHawk":3stnxpsi said:

As for the Lynch contract situation, the public "unknown" actually an advantage for the Hawks if Lynch really is going to resign. It would cause other teams to act / react differently than if they knew for sure he was in play.

I take exception to that offensive play that resulted in an interception as being called "The Play". I don't care who called it that where, but it is not called that HERE.

No, no, NO! :x

"The Play", as any self-respecting .NETter will tell you, is in reference to the offensive play which consists as a play-action fake and rollout to the right and a throw over the formation to a wide-open Marshawn along the left side for a huge gain.

I have made references numerous times the last two seasons about it, we have discussed it at length in numerous threads, and the Hawks have been begged by thousands of 12's to run it as it is a bad-ass play that ALWAYS results in a huge yardage.

You can call what you are referencing "The SB interception" all you want, but we know what "The Play" is here.

Thank you, that'll be all.

jblaze

Reaction score
Lynch isn't putting the spotlight on himself at all. He barely said anything after the SB and just now said something in Turkey of all places. If anything, he's trying to avoid talking about it as he always has.

There's plenty of second guessing to go around but he's staying out of it for the most part.

Give the guy his space and let him figure out what he wants to do. Nothing else is required.

This conspiracy theory stuff is getting old. I understand people like to make excuses and look everywhere else for something to blame but the facts but come on...

devilhawk88

Reaction score
The fact that Lynch said something so outlandish, that's also being repeated by other players, followed by saying, "I don't know what went in to that last call" shows that the coaching staff didn't do enough to explain to the players what happened. Pete trying to fall on his sword and absorb all the blow back didn't exactly help either. We all know who calls the O and we know the Seahawks don't scheme like that, that play wasn't in the arsenal. They got cute, it didn't work now people are left to try and fill in the gaps why because the excuse given doesn't pass the sniff test.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
nwHawk":16zshlzx said:

Ummm he speculated there could have been reasons other than football related as to why he didn't get the ball. He's adding to the fire, not trying to put it out

randomation

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1cfmrfjb said:
nwHawk":1cfmrfjb said:

I take exception to that offensive play that resulted in an interception as being called "The Play". I don't care who called it that where, but it is not called that HERE.

"The Play", as any self-respecting .NETter will tell you, is in reference to the offensive play which consists as a play-action fake and rollout to the right and a throw over the formation to a wide-open Marshawn along the left side for a huge gain.

I have made references numerous times the last two seasons about it, we have discussed it at length in numerous threads, and the Hawks have been begged by thousands of 12's to run it as it is a bad-ass play that ALWAYS results in a huge yardage.

You can call what you are referencing "The SB interception" all you want, but we know what "The Play" is here.

Is, "The idiotic playcall" acceptable nomenclature?

ceej22

Reaction score
devilhawk88":1zkni0ir said:
The fact that Lynch said something so outlandish, that's also being repeated by other players, followed by saying, "I don't know what went in to that last call" shows that the coaching staff didn't do enough to explain to the players what happened. Pete trying to fall on his sword and absorb all the blow back didn't exactly help either. We all know who calls the O and we know the Seahawks don't scheme like that, that play wasn't in the arsenal. They got cute, it didn't work now people are left to try and fill in the gaps why because the excuse given doesn't pass the sniff test.

This is hilarious. The play was very much in their arsenal so much so that Browner was well aware it would be coming. That's not cute that's consistent. News flash Lockette was open. Wilson and Lockette got caught up in the moment and failed.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Anyone else bored of Marshawn Lynch deciding whether he wants to grace us with his presence next year?

Get on with it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3rbolc7t said:
Anyone else bored of Marshawn Lynch deciding whether he wants to grace us with his presence next year?

Get on with it.

Were you saying this when he was on the verge of free agency a few years ago? Because the signing situation was almost identical. It's not like he signed a deal in a big hurry then. He pushed it close to the deadline. This time he has even less incentive as he's under contract. There truly is no rush to get this done before next week, except by fans who want some news. Other than that, it changes absolutely NOTHING

Northhawk

Reaction score
nwHawk":17jfjcg8 said:

No one can say for sure what the situation is "inside the team" except the players and coaches. However, if the last play of the game is causing inner turmoil I doubt that Lynch's comments would do anything but fan the flames.

I'm a supporter of Lynch and hope he is back next season but his comments do nothing but rub salt in the wound and add to the negativity for all. If his intent was to take the heat off he would have said he was disappointed with the result but there's always next year.

To suggest his comments are somehow an altruistic act of leadership is, at best, odd and, at worst, an attempt to spin things in order to defend Lynch.

The coaches made a bad call and Lynch appears to be stirring the pot. Neither are looking good right now from my perspective.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":5zg7iafw said:
theENGLISHseahawk":5zg7iafw said:

Get on with it.

Were you saying this when he was on the verge of free agency a few years ago? Because the signing situation was almost identical. It's not like he signed a deal in a big hurry then. He pushed it close to the deadline. This time he has even less incentive as he's under contract. There truly is no rush to get this done before next week, except by fans who want some news. Other than that, it changes absolutely NOTHING

What about after next week? What about if he waits until after the draft? Marshawn continuing to take his own sweet time impacts EVERYTHING............and no one here can tell me they're not wearisome of the "will he or won't he" drama the past two years.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3m7bbsro said:
kidhawk":3m7bbsro said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3m7bbsro said:

Get on with it.

What about after next week? What about if he waits until after the draft? Marshawn continuing to take his own sweet time impacts EVERYTHING............and no one here can tell me they're not wearisome of the "will he or won't he" drama the past two years.

All you are saying is if and then complaining that he hasn't signed yet. Why don't you just wait until you know IF you actually have something to complain about?

A

Anonymous

randomation":3o8chtxd said:
HoustonHawk82":3o8chtxd said:
nwHawk":3o8chtxd said:

Is, "The idiotic playcall" acceptable nomenclature?

Absolutely.

:mrgreen:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":24hyduk0 said:
Were you saying this when he was on the verge of free agency a few years ago?

No... because he was a free agent. Now he's an under contract player seemingly holding the team by the nuts. It's time for a decision.

kidhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1koxsd5t said:
kidhawk":1koxsd5t said:

No... because he was a free agent. Now he's an under contract player seemingly holding the team by the nuts.

At this point in time, this is purely conjecture on your part. There is absolutely zero evidence that this is true. Could it turn out to be true? Yea, but it could just as easily turn out to be a load of bull. The fact that fans are bitching and moaning that he hasn't signed yet, when there is no reason for him to have signed yet, is pure selfishness on the part of the fans. If the team's deadline goes by without Lynch telling the team what he wants to do and the team changes course, then we can bitch about it if we want, but until then, none of us knows what is going on behind the scenes. For all we know, he could have already told the team that he either plans on signing the deal, plans on retiring or wants to continue negotiations to get more money. We really have no idea at this point. It's complete speculation and conjecture on the part of fans and media right now

netskier

Reaction score
Marshawn has clothing to sell. He benefits from having people talk about him. Remember what PT Barnum said.

Schneider set the deadline that the Hawks need, and Lynch has merchandise to sell.

Nothing personal. It is just business.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The heading of this post should read "Get Off My Back", that would make more sense :mrgreen:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3bxvtgmi said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3bxvtgmi said:
kidhawk":3bxvtgmi said:

No... because he was a free agent. Now he's an under contract player seemingly holding the team by the nuts.

At this point in time, this is purely conjecture on your part. There is absolutely zero evidence that this is true. Could it turn out to be true? Yea, but it could just as easily turn out to be a load of bull. The fact that fans are bitching and moaning that he hasn't signed yet, when there is no reason for him to have signed yet, is pure selfishness on the part of the fans. If the team's deadline goes by without Lynch telling the team what he wants to do and the team changes course, then we can bitch about it if we want, but until then, none of us knows what is going on behind the scenes. For all we know, he could have already told the team that he either plans on signing the deal, plans on retiring or wants to continue negotiations to get more money. We really have no idea at this point. It's complete speculation and conjecture on the part of fans and media right now

What exactly is conjecture?

He's threatening to retire because he wants more money. Despite the fact he's under contract, Seattle is offering more money to keep him happy. How is it conjecture to say he has the team by the nuts? It's a fact.

He's not a free agent and he signed his contract in Seattle. He hasn't stopped complaining about that contract ever since. Anyone would think we put a gun to his head. I love the way the guy play's but I'm tired of the annual drama involving Marshawn Lynch. Either sign and get on with it or let's move on. Nobody's more important than the team.