Do we regret not signing Jared Allen?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Last offseason it was all but a sure thing that the Seshawks were going to sign Jared Allen, then we weren't, then we were again, then he signed with the Bears.
I have to wonder if we had signed him would we have won the Super Bowl?

His contract would have made it harder to resign Avril and KJ but we needed pass rush help pretty bad last year.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you can regret something you wanted but the other side didn't. It's not like the Hawks pulled their offer, they went after him because they wanted him and needed another pass rusher. At the last second, seemingly, he chose to sign elsewhere.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3sy7xk0z said:
Last offseason it was all but a sure thing that the Seshawks were going to sign Jared Allen, then we werent, then we were again then he signed with the Bears.
I have to wonder if we had signed him would we gave won the Super Bowl?

His contract would have made it harder to resign Avril and KJ but we needed pass rush help pretty bad last year.
The Hawks were one OFFENSIVE handoff away from winning another Super Bowl........ without JA.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Kevin Williams was the better fit when it came to the ex-Vikings. Jared didn't do squat for the Bears.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
'Regret' indicates he went to the Bears as a result of something the FO did. They actively pursued him and it didn't work out because we rotate our players, remember? Why is this even a thread? He sure made an impact in Chicago...NOT!

FormerEvil

Reaction score
He didn't do jack last year. I'm beyond glad he chose CHI over SEA.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Kevin Williams did great things for us last year. We got the better of the deal.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Karma is a B sometimes.....word is Chicago is changing to a 3-4 D which would require Allen to switch to a OLB position, which he opposes. So now he may be cut from Chicago...he should have accepted his role with us and he would have had a chance to play for a winner!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3k8365tj said:
Wenhawk":3k8365tj said:
Last offseason it was all but a sure thing that the Seshawks were going to sign Jared Allen, then we werent, then we were again then he signed with the Bears.

The Hawks were one OFFENSIVE handoff away from winning another Super Bowl........ without JA.

Or, you know, if we'd had a more effective pass rush, maybe we wouldn't have given up 14 points in the 4th quarter and therefore not needed a last minute drive that included a miraculous catch and ended in that unfortunate pick.

I'm not saying that Jared Allen would have been a guaranteed answer, but the defensive injuries in the late part of the season and the SB are what put the Hawks in the position of needing to drive the field for a TD to win.

cacksman

Reaction score
Wenhawk":24a65uq1 said:

pay better attention this offseason, kay?

McGruff

Reaction score
If anything, Allen regrets not signing with us, not the other way around.

He wants out of Chicago so bad right now, he'd probably play for fishwrappers by come to Seattle.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2eqnltoq said:
Sports Hernia":2eqnltoq said:
Wenhawk":2eqnltoq said:

Or, you know, if we'd had a more effective pass rush, maybe we wouldn't have given up 14 points in the 4th quarter and therefore not needed a last minute drive that included a miraculous catch and ended in that unfortunate pick.

I'm not saying that Jared Allen would have been a guaranteed answer, but the defensive injuries in the late part of the season and the SB are what put the Hawks in the position of needing to drive the field for a TD to win.
Fact.

Jared Allen? Not specifically. But retaining Brandon Browner, suspension and all, would have been cheaper, and might have been the difference. Or Clemons, for that matter. It's hard to say, one different player is a ripple effect that goes through 19 different games, not just a single game, which is why this kind of speculation really ends up being an exercise in fantasy.

pehawk

Reaction score
Jared Allen thought he was above being a rotational guy. He wanted to be treated differently than the other lineman. THAT'S why he didn't sign here. Glazer reported that last offseason.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2neukoc2 said:
Jared Allen thought he was above being a rotational guy. He wanted to be treated differently than the other lineman. THAT'S why he didn't sign here. Glazer reported that last offseason.
Wasn't there something about his wife wanting to stay close to home as well?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Last season Jared Allen had as many sacks as Jordan Hill did. Jordan Hill wasn't a full time player for the Seahawks. Allen had less sacks than Bruce Irvin and Michael Bennett. I'm glad the Seahawks didn't waste money on Jared Allen. He's on the downside of his career.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1bjee3u1 said:
pehawk":1bjee3u1 said:
Wasn't there something about his wife wanting to stay close to home as well?

IMO, that was spin. According to Glazer Allen balked at coming out of the game at all. Dude cares about the all-time sacks list more than winning. Karma paid him back last year, for sure.

netskier

Reaction score
I think we probably would have won that game of Avril did not get concussed, and had to leave, thus allowing Bennett to be double teamed, thus giving Brady the time in the pocket he needed to come back.

We needed one more good pass rusher then, ideally one with a better attitude than Allen's.