Wilson to Attend Rangers Training March 28

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/573192460584800256[/tweet]

I wonder if he'll continue to do these after he gets his contract extension?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":1usx634z said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/573192460584800256[/tweet]

I wonder if he'll continue to do these after he gets his contract extension?
It better be in his contract that he won't be allowed to do so. It's ridiculous that he's doing it even now.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":100pl2b4 said:
It better be in his contract that he won't be allowed to do so.

I would guess either that or they put in a standard out clause in case he is injured in something like this. Especially if he's getting a lot of guaranteed money.

Of course if they are putting in a clause banning it, then we can expect not to hear any news on his extension before April....not that we would have likely heard anything before that anyway.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I kinda feel sorry for him
Works his but off and in the off season just tries to have some fun and relax
Nobody would have too much of a prob if the mariners picked him up but since they didn't have the foresight to do it I think they are just as guilty he's playing for a rival

netskier

Reaction score
Cross training improves performance in many sports. Done all the time in high school. Baseball is fun to play. Rests your football mind.

A

Anonymous

Well, there's one girl buying plane tickets, according to the comments section.

As long as he wears full body armor while batting, I'm good.

:mrgreen:

Mojambo

Reaction score
What he is doing is WORKING.

Don't change a thing, Russell.

Tical21

Reaction score
He's going to take a few ground balls, take a couple of hacks, kiss some babies and go home. He would have a better chance of getting hurt by driving down the road. This is nothing more than PR for both he and the Rangers. It is too bad though that we won't get to listen to Ron Washington's thoughts on the whole thing.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":20uab6ti said:
He's going to take a few ground balls, take a couple of hacks, kiss some babies and go home. He would have a better chance of getting hurt by driving down the road. This is nothing more than PR for both he and the Rangers. It is too bad though that we won't get to listen to Ron Washington's thoughts on the whole thing.

Wait a minute....you mean we let him drive too?

:sarcasm_off:

original poster

Reaction score
I'm more worried about Russ drink driving and running over several families in a drunken rage than I am about him playing some baseball in the off season.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I am ok with the baseball. I just hope he don't get caught up in some drunken' foosball tourney..........I have seen some guys nearly loose eyes that way. Ya know it is just a gateway sport. First baseball, next thing ya know he is out shooting some hoops and Pete steps on his foot.......game over!!!

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":3k1n9s5s said:
Tical21":3k1n9s5s said:

Dallas doesn't let Dez Bryant drive so they must value him more........ :)

original poster

Reaction score
mikeak":3q1nllxt said:
kidhawk":3q1nllxt said:
Tical21":3q1nllxt said:

Dallas doesn't let Dez Bryant drive so they must value him more........ :)

That's because there's a genuine concern he would do what I wrote in my first reply to this topic :)

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with is going to spring training. He deserves to have some fun and it's physical training that has helped him become the player he is. His ability to slide and keep from taking a hit comes from Baseball.

He played soccer last year to "improve his spatial awareness." Nobody had a problem with that. He takes his team mates to his own summer training where they run in sand, nothing wrong with that.

Let him have his fun, stay in shape, train his body in different aspects, and maybe relax a little.

mikeak

Reaction score
Throwdown":1s0gxvwz said:
Last time he did, we won the super bowl... I'm with it.

I thought he did it last season.......as in last time he did we lost the superbowl

minor difference

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think he does it because he gets paid by the Rangers more.

hawk35fan

Reaction score
Bobblehead":14bsscvf said:
I think he does it because he gets paid by the Rangers more.

How much does he get paid for the part time baseball gig?

minormillikin

Reaction score
This is just a sore reminder how the Mariners let the Rangers draft him first. This would be awesome if he was practicing with the M's.