Justin Britt On The Steve Sandmeyer Show

Jville

Reaction score
Missed this earlier in the week. Good audio.

Learning how to huddle .... something new for a lot of players coming out of college.

Text and audio link >>>> [urltargetblank]http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2015/03/02/justin-britt-chats-with-the-steve-sandmeyer-show/[/urltargetblank]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
A lot of people are down on Britt's potential but I think the dude is gonna put in a lot of work this off-season strengthening his lower body and getting better at pass protection technique.

Guy seems like a hard-working over-achiever, one who will put in the man hours to get better and stay on his training regime everyday.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
People can worry about Britt all they want. By the end of the season, he wasn't the problem. He can be a solid starter based on how he finished. At worst, he is some darn good depth. Britt is the kind of player we need to continue to be successful.

Hawks46

Reaction score
He started every game he played in as a rookie. He earned his draft status right there.

He's already a very good to borderline elite run blocker. Once he gets the pass pro down, he'll be a damn good RT. I'm not worried about Britt at all.

Our interior OL, however. Meh.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
It took JR Sweezy two years to be very good and that wasn't even his natural position. Britt will get better.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Britt will probably be the highlight of the 2014 draft. I think KPL will be starting in 2016 and we won't miss a beat.

McGruff

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1up6ecw8 said:
Britt will probably be the highlight of the 2014 draft. I think KPL will be starting in 2016 and we won't miss a beat.

Britt, KPL, Richardson and Marsh will all be major contributors in 2015.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was as hard on anyone on Britt for most of the year but I thought he really turned a corner late in the year. I'm not sure if they move him or not but he played much better in the playoffs. I hope I was way off base from my assessment from the first part of the year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
McGruff":jshu7yi5 said:
Wenhawk":jshu7yi5 said:

Britt, KPL, Richardson and Marsh will all be major contributors in 2015.

Richardson?... not unless he heals AP-like... or better. :shock:

Back on topic... I like what Britt did in his rookie year. He's a keeper. He'll learn.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I think we saw how much Britt was missed during the NFC Championship game. He was rookie who struggled at times and I think hit a wall but kept on going. I look forward to seeing how much he can improve in 2015.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Tough first half, but he was rock solid down the stretch.

If both he and Sweezy can stay healthy we will be able to kill in the run game going right.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He got thrown straight into the fire and didn't give up. Even with Breno, Zach Miller was basically an offensive lineman and we ran a ton of empty set shotgun this season. Solid run blocker and pass protection was noticeably improved towards the end of the season. I think the right side of our line will become really good.

grizbob

Reaction score
The guy's obviously stupid, says Cable is a great coach :stirthepot:

But serially, tanks man :th2thumbs:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Brill was a near-disaster for much of the first half of the season and only his run blocking saved him. He needs to keep working on footwork and maintaining blocks, but toward the end of the season he looked better. If you can show growth after that miserable start, it's a good thing. I'm cautiously optimistic.