Kearse (RFA) given 2nd round tender - $2.3 million

2_0_6

Reaction score
I like this deal, and I will like it even more if he land a proven stud and Kearse slides to the 3rd spot. Cant hurt to have some depth there.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No one is touching Kearse at that price. No one.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
They'll work on getting him a contract so his cap hit won't be 2.3

Ozzy

Reaction score
I sure hope so. 2.3 hit would be a travesty.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Good for Kearse. I'm sure his numbers would be better if another team grabbed him. It isn't his fault that RW can't get him the ball...

before you overreact . . . which one of those sentences is not like the others?

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":780topvk said:
Hmmm.. seems like a bit too much, IMO.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/573844924447264768

I don't see anybody giving up a 2nd for Kearse so he will likely be back with the Hawks next year.

I hope he is bumped back to 4th WR and Baldwin to the slot. :|

2.5 million for a proven veteran receiver who has made probably 5 of the Seahawks top 10 plays of the last 3 years.

Anyone who doesn't support this just isn't thinking rationally.

McGruff

Reaction score
austinslater25":10x5li9q said:
I sure hope so. 2.3 hit would be a travesty.

Hardly. On a one year non guaranteed deal for a player like Kearse it's a bargain.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Man, do some of you have a man crush on Kearse. Whelp, enjoy, I guess...

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
dutchcoug":2e0wb31m said:
Man, do some of you have a man crush on Kearse. Whelp, enjoy, I guess...
Odd comment but not shocking coming from you

Ozzy

Reaction score
2.5 million for a PROVEN veteran player? I would argue you're not thinking rationally. His catch rate is terrible and his mistakes usually come at the worst possible times. Do you think any other team in the league would pay Kearse 2.5 million right now? the answer is no, and why do you think that is? Is it possible you're overvaluing him slightly because of homerism? He has made some great plays and his TD in the SB two years ago is one of the best I've seen.

Again no one will touch him at that price, if its truly a bargain as you say I guess we will find out. Teams would jump on it if it was. Lets revisit this in a few days....

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
austinslater25":3qr6s15t said:
2.5 million for a PROVEN veteran player? I would argue you're not thinking rationally. His catch rate is terrible and his mistakes usually come at the worst possible times. Do you think any other team in the league would pay Kearse 2.5 million right now? the answer is no, and why do you think that is? Is it possible you're overvaluing him slightly because of homerism? He has made some great plays and his TD in the SB two years ago is one of the best I've seen.

Again no one will touch him at that price, if its truly a bargain as you say I guess we will find out. Teams would jump on it if it was. Lets revisit this in a few days....
What is his catch rate? And what does it matter if any other team would give him 2.5? No other team would give Lynch a raise either, does that mean he's not worth it to our team? This is about the Seahawks, so why do you obsess with what other teams would do or think about the moves the Hawks make?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Ok explain to me why you think Kearse is worth it. Are you happy with his play this past year? Ready for him to be the #1 this year? I'm all ears, sell me on Kearse.....

netskier

Reaction score
ADHD is one explanation for him catching the difficult, but dropping the rest balls. One solution is to teach Wilson to throw him only challenging passes to keep his attention

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
austinslater25":5t7dsnmw said:
Ok explain to me why you think Kearse is worth it. Are you happy with his play this past year? Ready for him to be the #1 this year? I'm all ears, sell me on Kearse.....
Who said anything about him being a #1 next year? Stop jumping to conclusions that aren't there.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He technically was the #1 this year scheme wise but again please sell me on Kearse.