MMQB (old story) "New Goal - Three Hawks"

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some great points by Peter King, especially the following.:

"4. Leftover Super Bowl Thought, Part 3. Talking with several Patriots coaches after the game, many remarked how the game would be decided by execution, as most are when the talent level is that close. There’s little doubt the Patriots were the better team in that regard, especially when it came to Seattle’s sloppy offense. The Malcolm Butler play is a perfect example. There were myriad errors by the Seahawks on that play: Wilson staring down the receiver and his ball placement, Jermaine Kearse not going inside of Brandon Browner to make sure he rubbed Butler, and Ricardo Lockette’s tentative route. If it was Brady executing that play to Edelman off a Brandon LaFell rub, there’s no doubt in my mind they score 100 out of 100 times, because of the attention to detail off all three players and their coaches."

"Tasting immortality on the brink of back-to-back championships, Seattle had its hopes dashed by Malcolm Butler and Darrell Bevell. Climbing back up the rarest of mountains—no team, not even the Patriots, has appeared in three consecutive Super Bowls in the salary-cap era—is going to be altogether different."

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/06/seattle-s ... bowls-nfl/

pehawk

Reaction score
So, we blame Pete for the shoddy offensive execution then?

jake206

Reaction score
LOL... Hawks only lost by 4 pts. The last play is the only one that mattered. The Patriots weren't all that perfect either, otherwise they'd have been up by more. If the writing by these hack football analysts weren't so shoddy, maybe they might have more readers. This is too easy.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Hawks score on that play and everyone is talking about Brady's sloppy game. How he failed to "execute" by throwing two INTs.

All it took was getting Lane hurt and having Kam 'n Earl be subpar for the vaunted Patriot execution to finally work.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
lobohawk":307thvkt said:
Hawks score on that play and everyone is talking about Brady's sloppy game. How he failed to "execute" by throwing two INTs.

All it took was getting Lane hurt and having Kam 'n Earl be subpar for the vaunted Patriot execution to finally work.

Very true. I just posted this for discussion because King talks about how the play could have been run better. I do believe that to be true. But more importantly I don't think we had the personell to run that play against Brandon Browner. He was the difference maker there.

But there were a lot of things in this game that could have changed the outcome, this one just happens to be the most contentious because it was the final play.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
What I took from that:
Peter King doesn't know the difference between "of" and "off".

Seafan

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1ntbj83g said:
What I took from that:
Peter King doesn't know the difference between "of" and "off".

A lot of people on this board don't know the difference between "have" and "of", no biggie. We can still understand the message. :th2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":3oqkwezm said:
I just posted this for discussion because King talks about how the play could have been run better. I do believe that to be true.

This is not some new revelation, we agonized over Kearse getting bitchslapped by BB and Lockette not getting to the spot fast enough ad naseum for weeks after the SB.

So why post this and make us all relive the agony over again?

I think I speak for everyone on here, we're done with analyzing the SB.