So it's been about a month..how do you feel?

So it's been about a month..how do you feel?

• At least once a day I still rerun that last play in my mind and we score

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • At least once a week I still rerun that last play in my mind and we score

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • What's next ... looking forward to the offseason to see how the Seahawks re-tool

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • Wha'ts next ... I'm anxious for next February already when we win Super Bowl 50

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • What's next ... I'm taking it slow, just too mentally exhausted

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • What's next ... I'm taking it slow, because it's Mariner season!

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.0%

• Total voters

byau

Reaction score
I've noticed I think about the SB maybe once a week now, usually when someone brings it up, usually because I'm wearing Seahawks stuff.

Distractions help too: just got a new place, remodeled, packed, moved, and new baby # 3 coming in two weeks or less!

But still keeping an eye on ebay, craigslist, and what not for Seahawks stuff just because I like doing that..

How about you?

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
My heart still hurts. Still feel pretty crushed. I think this one is always gonna sting.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Somewhere in between the 3rd & 4th option. I'm over the Super Bowl, super stoked for the off season, excited, as always, for football season to start back up (hopefully after a long, enjoyable summer), and confident that we will put ourselves in a position, yet again, to compete for the championship at the end of the season.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Can you be over it but still think about it?

pmedic920

Reaction score
I still have not watched ANY sports shows or channels.
I have avoided everything sports, with the exception of .net and notifications from my phone.

I'm basically over it but don't want to listen to anything not Seahawk biased.
I'll admit, it's been tough staying impartial here.

I really like our chances of making it to 50. Hoping for a productive off season and praying for rapid recoveries.

grizbob

Reaction score
Still ecstatic that I've lived long enough to see 3 Super Bowl appearances and 1 victory with the chance for more. It just don't get any better than this :thirishdrinkers:

Weadoption

Reaction score
You guys laid a loss on GB that was one for the ages, gotta be some small consolation there.
I became a RW fan for life in that game.
Golden age far from over for you Hawks bastards.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2zo67bgy said:
Can you be over it but still think about it?

Most definitely .. I am in the opposite boat. You are forgive but not forget. I am forget but not forgive.

I don't think about it much, but when I do, I'm not over it and it takes up a lot of time and I rerun the last play quite a few times before snapping back to reality.

The majority of my mood though is # 3 and # 4: really exhausted mentally now from dwelling on it, just kind of keeping in touch with .NET and listening infrequently to some of the 710 shows to see what's happening so far this off season, and mostly focusing on other life stuff.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Weadoption":2imnzoas said:
You guys laid a loss on GB that was one for the ages, gotta be some small consolation there.

heh... had a conversation just today with a coworker about this that NE did the Hawks what the Hawks have done to a number of teams the last few seasons. I believe the term used around here was "stealing a team's soul".

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Head and heart still hurt whenever I think about it. So close to back 2 back, may never have another chance at that. Only sports I have watched are college basketball games, zero sport talk shows.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
grizbob":t58mrdoc said:
Still ecstatic that I've lived long enough to see 3 Super Bowl appearances and 1 victory with the chance for more. It just don't get any better than this :thirishdrinkers:

Love this. Thanks for the reminder :)

I was just looking up some vintage jerseys online last week via google and came across the Field Gulls "top 10 draft busts for the Seahawks" thread from 2011. #1 and # 2 are Dan Mcgwire and Rick Mirer, and it reminded me our prevalent QB woes throughout franchise history

It is a good time right now to be a Seahawks fan.

:thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
pmedic920":2z9my1xf said:
I still have not watched ANY sports shows or channels.
I have avoided everything sports, with the exception of .net and notifications from my phone.

I'm basically over it but don't want to listen to anything not Seahawk biased.
I'll admit, it's been tough staying impartial here.

I really like our chances of making it to 50. Hoping for a productive off season and praying for rapid recoveries.

Yup that.. It is pretty exciting to think about the offseason but man that is going to move a bit slow for some time.

And also looking forward to see what the Hawks FO has learned from this past season and how they will handle the re-tool. Physical attrition has got to be on their minds with not being able to finish healthy (either that or we were just super lucky in 2014) and then trying to go strong for another full extended 19 to 20 game season.

Hoping for rapid recoveries: CHECK!

drdiags

Reaction score
Picked other.

Tired of talking about it with family, who want to know how I feel a month later. Honest truth, just got off the phone with my brother from Chicago and he asked the question as well. So I go through my spiel about the team blowing a chance at creating a legacy, that all the NFC teams leading up to the Superbowl had benefit from their opponent getting hosed or being stupid so it only seemed logical that the Seahawks would finish the comedy of errors.

To me, I will carry deep inside a great sense of disappointment but I can think of others through history that have had similar heartbreak so I just lock away the memory and move on to what's next.

Hawks46

Reaction score
byau":2z9xdpf7 said:
Weadoption":2z9xdpf7 said:

heh... had a conversation just today with a coworker about this that NE did the Hawks what the Hawks have done to a number of teams the last few seasons. I believe the term used around here was "stealing a team's soul".

Nope. They didn't steal our soul, or Lynch would've retired. They pissed the Seahawks off.

The NFL needs to watch out next season. We're going to be all kinds of pissed off from the get go.

It took us until KC last year to get ticked and start rolling.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm still disappointed by the play called and how it turned out. 1 lousy yard away from back to back Championships grates still b/c it was so close.

Worse still the pats were awful at stopping the run inside the 5 this season.

I clicked 'other', but am over being mad finally.

Time to move on

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'm good on it.

Winning SB 48 really helped. Honestly, I see it now as just a great game. It sucked to have to lose it, but am now grateful we were even there.

When we were 6-4, I didn't think we really had a realistic shot at it. Seemed so far away at the time. Just a spectacular run to finish the season. Loved the journey, even if the destination was one yard short.

Seafan

Reaction score
It doesn't compare to XL. Butler made an amazing play and NFL games are defined by big plays. Hopefully the Hawks will regain that hungry edge they had in 2013. If the Patriots are #1 the Hawks are certainly the closest #1a ever. The Pats know how lucky they were.

nash72

Reaction score
Don't think i'll ever get over it. Bevell will never sit right with me either.