Which WRs can hawks get to beat Revis & Browner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksurething

Reaction score
Somehow jets got Marshall & not us ?

Ohh well we still can land Andre Johnson or V.Jackson to beat revis & browner.

If we miss them?...then we have a low chance to score vs that pats secondary when it counts again. Especially since bill knows hawks plays with his cheating abilities.(butler even said they knew that hawks was running that play).

With Andre it won't matter if pats know what play is coming since he is faster than browner & more physical than revis. Plus he runs great routes at his size. Right ?

As I'm looking at it there is only 4 WRs in the draft that can beat that pats cheating 2ndary. Cooper,white,parker,strong.

Dorsett maybe with his speed,McBride maybe with his speed and jump ball ability though he is only 6'0.

Beckham's size won't beat these CBs until maybe 3 years from now,even then WRs like him can bust.

So only AJ,Jackson, & Dez can beat revis we know for sure cause we seen it before even though they had bad QBs.

Jville

Reaction score
That is what I want to know.

The question has no relevance.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Throwdown":3eqa1njb said:
Why are you worried about 2 corners we don't play?

Its relevent because...

We play them in the Superbowl again. There is no team in the AFC that can BOTH beat that secondary & keep up with the scoring of Gronk & Lafell. Right ?

Or do you not believe hawks will go to the Superbowl again ?

Hawks46

Reaction score
i see your reasoning, thinking that the Pats are going back and so are we.

I would worry about this when the Pats actually sign McCourty and Revis back.

Browner is easy, put Baldwin on him, and Doug would roast him. Doug beat Revis on several occasions in the SuperBowl, but Wilson missed him.

Marshall could've boxed either out, but we missed the boat on that one. I'm kinda bummed about it. Getting Suh would make up for it though.

Basis4day

Reaction score
How many wide receiver threads are you going to start and how many edits are you going to make every time you do?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Stick to who you are and run the rock and the Hawks have those guys beat.

Also, it is by no means "cheating" for the Patriots to have studied, prepared for, and anticipated that play. That's good coaching. The Hawks had shown a tendency to run that same concept in the redzone over the past few years; Golden scored a few on those if I recall. Ideally, you counter their anticipation of that play with a whip route by Lockette.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on Hawks, you have to sign Gronk, Johnson, A.J. Green, Suh, Jordan, Thomas, Megatron, Julio Jones and every other great player. Get it done........ :?

Chapow

Reaction score
hawksurething":1fo86wd1 said:
If we miss them?...then we have a low chance to score vs that pats secondary when it counts again. Especially since bill knows hawks plays with his cheating abilities.(butler even said they knew that hawks was running that play).

We scored 24 points in the Super Bowl and had a ten point lead in the 4th quarter. IMO, that would have been plenty for the win if we hadn't lost Avril and Lane, and if Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor weren't all playing injured.

Scoring wasn't the problem, our injured and depleted D giving up 2 TD's and a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter was the problem.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hawks46":1s5o9v1d said:
i see your reasoning, thinking that the Pats are going back and so are we.

I would worry about this when the Pats actually sign McCourty and Revis back.

Browner is easy, put Baldwin on him, and Doug would roast him. Doug beat Revis on several occasions in the SuperBowl, but Wilson missed him.

Marshall could've boxed either out, but we missed the boat on that one. I'm kinda bummed about it. Getting Suh would make up for it though.

This is a media myth. Go to that blog about Baldwin beating revis & read the anonymous comment which explains that Baldwin only looked open due to revis baiting just like Sherman does. Baldwin was open 3 times...1. The ref picked revis for the TD,2. Revis stopped running when he saw the ball going deep on the other side,3. Would have only been a 3 yard gain. All the other stuff was zone & baiting.

You can't beat revis with with route running which is all Doug has...you must bully revis like Marshall did for 100+ yards even though he had a weak QB throwing the ball low. If Wilson throws Marshall the ball higher he would have scored too.

Marshall also bullied Sherman & our LOB when we faced him.

These elite CBs are called that for that reason. Only rare WR types can beat them...must win jump balls,must be able to beat their press,must be able to get to the ball even though they are baiting.(Miami QB got picked off Twice & a pick 6 thinking Marshall was open when revis was just baiting him).

This is just food for thought my fellow fan. I never will allow you to be tricked by false media. I'm in your corner :)

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2h313c2f said:
Paul Richardson.

Paul can beat Sherman yes due to practice vs him so much he can get tendacies. But revis no way ! Revis is too physical,quick,& has the benefit of the doubt with the cheating pats & refs.

Now if paul can Gets a free release he can burn any DB. But they don't give free releases to burners, they better bump them at the line. Lol.

This is the reason desean Jackson disappears vs good press CBs in the playoffs.

kobebryant

Reaction score
hawksurething":2isct4di said:
DavidSeven":2isct4di said:
Paul Richardson.

Paul can beat Sherman yes due to practice vs him so much he can get tendacies. But revis no way ! Revis is too physical,quick,& has the benefit of the doubt with the cheating pats & refs.

Now if paul can Gets a free release he can burn any DB. But they don't give free releases to burners, they better bump them at the line. Lol.

You're awesome. Don't ever change.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawksurething":14to3w12 said:
DavidSeven":14to3w12 said:
Paul Richardson.

But he doesn't need to beat Revis. Revis covers the #1, which will either be Doug or someone who isn't on the team yet. That will be a tough matchup regardless of who it is. That's why Revis is worth the price of a mid-tier QB.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3bwn1azf said:
hawksurething":3bwn1azf said:
DavidSeven":3bwn1azf said:
Paul Richardson.

But he doesn't need to beat Revis. Revis covers the #1, which will either be Doug or someone who isn't on the team yet. That will be a tough matchup regardless of who it is. That's why Revis is worth the price of a mid-tier QB.

True. But it remains to be seen whether Paul can beat the #2 CB consistently. He could not beat out kearse. Kearse n is the type of WR I'm talking about...he can get open vs OK CBs,but not good ones snuff. He will make splash plays & some clutch ones,but he won't ever blow a team out which is what the hawks need.

We was up only 10 points vs Brady who is a comeback artist with GRONK also. We needed to crush his spirit like we did Peyton by going up 21 points & forcing them to make mistakes in hurry up mode.

I hope Paul becomes a 1000 yard & 10 TD WR,paul is a burner & attacks the ball,but he is frail so I don't think it will happen. Plus he won't offer much in the red zone.

Hawks need a big physical WR with less holes in their game to beat pats. We move the ball into the red zone a lot,we just can't finish well enuff.

Deion Sanders knows what he is talking about.

swagcity21

Reaction score
Why I am even falling for this type of bait...and thread again is beyond me..... BUT

We have to tools to mix and match to beat both Browner and Revis. It doesn't take any one guy, move guys around and create space. We use Baldwin in the open field, and whoever we sign or draft ( most likely a big body) We use in the redzone.

I still Like Matthews ability to grow as a big target receiver. He can beat most DB's in a jumpball situation.

The photos used in the Chris Matthews forum of Browner "beating" him were throws down field, not balls he has to fight to win. And we all know how Browner Plays, Get him to fight for a ball and 110% of the time he draws a flag.

While I don't claim to be an expert in the art of the seahawk wide receiver, I believe we have guys to be successful and are one FA signing away from being EXPLOSIVE.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
swagcity21":3jcklbl8 said:
Why I am even falling for this type of bait...and thread again is beyond me..... BUT

We have to tools to mix and match to beat both Browner and Revis. It doesn't take any one guy, move guys around and create space. We use Baldwin in the open field, and whoever we sign or draft ( most likely a big body) We use in the redzone.

I still Like Matthews ability to grow as a big target receiver. He can beat most DB's in a jumpball situation.

The photos used in the Chris Matthews forum of Browner "beating" him were throws down field, not balls he has to fight to win. And we all know how Browner Plays, Get him to fight for a ball and 110% of the time he draws a flag.

While I don't claim to be an expert in the art of the seahawk wide receiver, I believe we have guys to be successful and are one FA signing away from being EXPLOSIVE.

Your right to a degree.

Its just that Deion Sanders & Michael iIrvin are pointing out that hawks are 1 dimensional hence 8 in the box,yet our WRs can't beat single coverage vs good CBs.

Even hawks get andre johnson,they will still need a #2 WR that can beat an good #2 CB while AJ is getting double teamed. Right ?

If that happens?...don't you think Baldwin will be a pro bowler in the slot ?

And lynch will destroy 7& 6 man fronts :)

His is the 100% sure way to beat the pats just in case our defense blows it again or we need that last score to win.
I leave nothing to chance If it is within my power. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts