Does lynch with 10k rushing, 2k receiving, 100 TD's HOF?

kjreid

Reaction score
Lynch has 1600 yes rushing, 200 yds receiving and 20 TD's to make the milestones. I think he will be a shoe in with two years to make those numbers.

Seafan

Reaction score
As one of the toughest runners in NFL history he should make the HOF. Way before SA for sure.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
He's actually closer than that. Only needs 1305 rushing yards, 101 receiving yards, and 20 touchdowns. I do not think those numbers make his a shoe in for the hall of fame though. If he gets to 11K or 12K yards then he's in for sure. You have to remember that that hall of fame is voted on by media members. With his antics with the media over the last 2-3 years he will have to have extra special numbers in order to get in in my opinion.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HOF is voted on by sports writers.

Lynch is boned, no matter what he does.

kf3339

Reaction score
I think one also has to look at his career playoff rushing yards when considering the HOF in time. He is currently 8th I believe and has a very strong shot of being in the top 5 if we have a strong post season run next year. To me that with 10,000+ regular season rushing yard along with 100TD's and 2K receiving gets him in.

Even the writers will have to acknowledge that in time.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
Seafan":1tjlk1zw said:
As one of the toughest runners in NFL history he should make the HOF. Way before SA for sure.

And yet, the two running styles aside, ML and SA have comparable numbers through 9 seasons:

ML: 120 games, 8,693 yds, and 71 tds
SA: 123 games, 9,543 yds, and 100 tds

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
They both deserve to be in. When it's all said and done IMO Shawn will get in and Shaun will probably just miss out. If only he could have put together one more great year.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
The HOF is a about greatness. It's about moments and memories on the big stage when it matters. Lynch has had more than his share of those over the last five years. Any beef a sportswriter has with him is petty. Stop being number geeks. He's a HOF right now.

pugs1

Reaction score
The Lynch HOF debate is going to be very interesting. I agree with some that a few media members might not vote for him but IMO that would only temporary hold him out. So even if he does not go in early his numbers will look better as time passes because RB career stats are trending downward due to RB committees and RB being forced out by the age of 30. Now If Lynch can rush for 2300 & 20 TD's before he calls it quits he can remove all doubt.

drrew

Reaction score
Marshawn is not going to make it and you just have to look at the all time leading rusher list to see why.

Frank Gore will have better career numbers when they're both done. Gore is not getting in.
Corey Dillon will have similar or better career numbers. Dillon is not getting in.
Ricky Watters who is criminally underrated will have similar or better career numbers. Watters is not getting in.
Hell, Jamal Lewis and Thomas Davis have numbers similar to what Marshawn will end up with, and people would laugh if you brought up there names in connection with the HOF.

Marshawn Lynch is a great NFL running back and will end his career as one of the best Seahawks ever, but he's not getting into the HOF.

As a caveat, this is all dependent on him only playing one or two more seasons. If he pulls an Emmitt Smith and adds 6000+ yards after age 30, then of course things are different.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm betting that Marshawn makes it.

As Hass2Carlson stated...
The HOF is a about greatness. It's about moments and memories on the big stage when it matters. Lynch has had more than his share of those over the last five years. Any beef a sportswriter has with him is petty.
... he's right... it's all about greatness... and performing when all eyes are on you.

Hawks win another SB with Marshawn leading the way and it's a done deal.

I'll add that they will be talking about Beast Mode 20 years from now and NFL fans will still be marveling about several of his signature runs.

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
Hass2Carlson":1n7dr8yn said:
The HOF is a about greatness. It's about moments and memories on the big stage when it matters. Lynch has had more than his share of those over the last five years. Any beef a sportswriter has with him is petty. Stop being number geeks. He's a HOF right now.

This^. Marshawn has had an extraordinary impact on Seattle making it to back to back Superbowls. And if he has the same impact on us getting to a 3rd I think he gets in. Maybe not as a 1st ballot but gets in. To many highlight reels on a team that is now getting the media spotlight either as the darling or villian. Cue dirk dastardly music.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":3pbouuw8 said:
Seafan":3pbouuw8 said:

And yet, the two running styles aside, ML and SA have comparable numbers through 9 seasons:

ML: 120 games, 8,693 yds, and 71 tds
SA: 123 games, 9,543 yds, and 100 tds

And Shaun Alexander has an NFL MVP on his resume.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3fez5r2a said:
HOF is voted on by sports writers.

Lynch is boned, no matter what he does.

Some reporters can be petty douchebags, but I don't know if I've ever seen reporters flock to a player's podium like they did for Marshawn last month. Kind of feels like a love-hate thing for them, like with us and Jim Harbaugh.

Even if they do keep him out, there is no "window" for the HoF in the NFL like there is in baseball, and after a couple decades the legend of Lynch will only grow, while petty douche writers will retire one by one.

If Lynch plays a couple more years at a productive level, I think he's in for sure.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sadly I think Bevell's play call may ultimately be the difference in Marshawn getting in and not with those numbers.

10K rushing, 2K receiving and 100 TD's are great.. then you throw in 2 rings and a SB MVP on top of that and he'd have been a shoe in.

Sigh.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
He will get in if he ever wins back to back Superbowls, 1 Superbowl MVP and a game winning score in the Superbowl against a Hall of Fame coach and Quarterback. Otherwise he will have to work for it.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
What about......the sports writer do vote him in just to hear him say something at the podium. The media would hate it but at the same time they would love a chance for him to up there in the podium to get any soundbite.