Why do so many threads get locked all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stang233

Reaction score
It seems to me so many new threads r getting locked. It's like we cannot have an original thought. I love the .net and check it 5-10 times a day but sometimes I do not want to bury a thought or comment 4 pages deep in a similar topic. Mods can u comment if there has been a policy change, ect. Thanks for your time.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
It is because most thoughts are not truly original. They belong most times in some category that has already been created. Often times people create a new thread mostly because they want to stand out, or make themselves look like something better than what has already been stated. If you truly have something original to be stated, people will find it.

Plus the mods aren't deleting things, or deliberately trying to piss people off, there is a lot of speculation, and lots of other threads created that say the exact same thing.

Most people are not an individual snowflake.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
A couple of people, well one really, is rehashing the same info in multiple threads. They are even starting new ones with a different name, yet same info. It's getting pretty damn old as well as unnecessary.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksurething's 20th thread this week about the Hawk's WR situation is sellf explanatory.

The rest is Suh threads on the main page.

Makes sense to me.

mikeak

Reaction score
Starting a thread on the seahawks page about a player that later is announced to go to a different team makes it a NFL subject instead of a Seahawks subject

Sac

Reaction score
Threads get locked if there's already a thread with that subject, if the created thread is in the wrong spot, or in the case of certain posters, they start threads with one title, but they really want to discuss the same thing over and over and over again.

Threads in the main forum questioning mod decisions also get locked. Take it to the shack if you want to talk smack, or if it's a serious question, send one of us a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts