Terry Blount and 8 FAs the Hawks may be in on

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd take Walter Thurmond over Tramon Williams and Davon House. Thurmond has experience playing in the Seahawk secondary. When he played, he was solid.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawkfan68":w2exdo7x said:
I'd take Walter Thurmond over Tramon Williams and Davon House. Thurmond has experience playing in the Seahawk secondary. When he played, he was solid.

For the one season minus his 4 game suspension, yes.

Hyak

Reaction score
I think he's just throwing names out there and sincerely doubt he has any inside info.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Knighton or Paea would be intriguing and Royal would definitely be a nice upgrade. The rest are players that are kind of expected for us to be in the mix for except for Iupati.

nash72

Reaction score
Man, I would be super excited to get Thurmond back with Maxwell leaving and all.

pehawk

Reaction score
Browner was just given the option to pursue different deals.

Jus saying...

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Not a chance on Iupati - seeing what Hudson is rumored to be signing for, and the range of figures thrown around for Iupati so far in FA speculation, very little chance Seattle spends 8-10 million per year for a player that may not even fit into the teams zone blocking scheme.

Knighton is the #1 NT available in FA - again, someone will overpay and will not be Seattle

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Damon House has LOB potential.

6'0
31 7/8 in Arms
9 1/2 in Hands
4.4 speed. (40)
6.65 quickness (3-Cone)

And his lack of playing time isn't because he has a lack of talent, he's just been the odd man out in a deep secondary that featured Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, and Casey Hayward. Pretty much the Byron Maxwell of that group.

But what I've read on House is encouraging in that he's gotten snaps in a variety of packages and has the ability everywhere in the CB position

He checks most of the Seahawks peripherals. He doesn't have the length plus bulk to be a Max or Browner.

But athletically and size wise he as perfect of comp to Walter Thurmond as you're going to find at this point without the weed or injury issues.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":12bpnaey said:
Browner was just given the option to pursue different deals.

Jus saying...
I was wondering about that. Do we get the band back together? Is he worth the risk?

pugs1

Reaction score
I'm not getting the Walter Thurmond love? He has played in 36 of a possible 80 games. I guess I'm down with vet minimum deal but I've got zero faith in him being healthy all year.

Basis4day

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2lboaczo said:
I'm not sure what Terry Blount would contribute to this roster. Not a scheme fit for this team.

He demands double coverage.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I dont see us pursuing any of these guys. Where do these guys come up with this trash?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
It's a lazy bit of writing, yes, but Paea makes some sense even with Mebane (depending on price) and I suppose if we had to keep a 6th WR for the sake of returning punts and kicks, Royal is far better than anyone we currently have. It's not unlikely that we'll be looking for inexpensive CB help as well.