Cary Williams a Seahawk (It's Official)

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Can't say I'm super stoked but he does have length and in PC/JS I trust. He was pretty decent at Baltimore and could have been miscast in Philly. Lord knows we need depth.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
F

FormerEvil

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/575129333485932547[/tweet]

Hyak

Reaction score
Want to see the terms but a solid signing. He's not nearly as bad as some on here have made him out to be.

He was a good CB at Baltimore and fits what PC wants in a CB skill set wise.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I think he'll be alright as the #2, I think it can potentially be a good signing. Now let's see the details.

pehawk

Reaction score
I just kind of like him personally too, at least what I've gathered through the media. Good personality/swagger fit.

I agree he's underrated. Lots of natural skills for the staff to coach up.

marko358

Reaction score
Looked him up on google images and I must say I'm not optimistic.....

2a8cdfe.jpg

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
pehawk":3bo9e0je said:
I just kind of like him personally too, at least what I've gathered through the media. Good personality/swagger fit.

I agree he's underrated. Lots of natural skills for the staff to coach up.

He's got a temper and likes to vent, which is the only thing that scares me. Hope it doesn't end up like Harvin 2.0

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love the combo of Williams and Blackmon today. I think both will surprise and play well within our system. Williams can play.

Jville

Reaction score
John Schneider noted, that unlike last year, they would be on schedule for this year's free agency. Sounds like they are delivering results. :th2thumbs:

pehawk

Reaction score
marko358":36iprf8h said:
Looked him up on google images and I must say I'm not optimistic.....

2a8cdfe.jpg

Oh, why? Because Cary happens to be white and Jewish? That's racist and offensive to Jason Sehorn and Dwayne Harper. Each of whom happened to be white and Jewish also.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I kind of just like him for his swagger. Just seems like a guy who wold fit with our secondary. And lets not forget that PC is going to make Cary Williams a better player. And Cary is getting unfair criticism in my opinion. He wasn't great last year, but he was definitely better than Bradley Fletcher and Nate Allen.

He's got all the physical tools to play in the LOB: long, physical, has a big mouth, and excels in press coverage.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
I think some of the posters have hit it here. He is talented, but he is also a hot head. He tends to make brutal and stupid penalties (see the 2nd Dallas game). The plus side is that he is playing with 3 All-Pros in the secondary now. That Philly secondary unit was disgusting last season. Could be a steal IF he can check himself.

endzorn

Reaction score
He can win the first five yards. That's what we need and he doesn't factor in the compensatory equation. I really like this. He's a solid bridge. We'll miss Maxwell, but williams isnt a scrub.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
endzorn":j1p1t457 said:
He can win the first five yards. That's what we need and he doesn't factor in the compensatory equation. I really like this. He's a solid bridge. We'll miss Maxwell, but williams isnt a scrub.

The good news about both CB signings is that they do not count against comp pick equation. The good news from the Maxwell signing is that we should get a 3rd round comp pick....

Basis4day

Reaction score
It PC/JS i trust... especially at outside corner.