Malcolm Smith is headed to the Raiders

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RaiderTruths/status/575143439983079425[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Brice_Butler/status/575155827708821504[/tweet]

Obviously, Butler has since deleted the tweet. Butler & Smith were teammates at USC. Also his old linebackers coach is now the defense coordinator for the Raiders, so that connection is there.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Makes sense. I don't think he was ever in our plans.. The Morgan extension essentially sealed his fate

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I can't deceifer that tweet. Your telling me the kid that penned that went to college?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
After his poor showing in run support Malcom didn't see the field hardly at all anymore. Doghoused. He can cover, but his "run fits", as Petey likes to call them, were awful. He has always been a bit light to be a plugger, and he instead starts guessing gaps.

But if you have to play Rivers and Manning twice a year, Smith is a great passing down player in those short LB zones.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
volsunghawk":s6eqaacf said:
brimsalabim":s6eqaacf said:
I can't deceifer that tweet. Your telling me the kid that penned that went to college?

Irony is delicious.
Always spellcheck when questioning intelligence.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":px7u2nvz said:
After his poor showing in run support Malcom didn't see the field hardly at all anymore. Doghoused. He can cover, but his "run fits", as Petey likes to call them, were awful. He has always been a bit light to be a plugger, and he instead starts guessing gaps.

But if you have to play Rivers and Manning twice a year, Smith is a great passing down player in those short LB zones.

Good point on the zones required in that division division. We need hawkssurething to tell us his stance too.

Smith was abysmal in KC. It was a historically bad Hawks LB game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Should also be noted that Kevin Pierre-Louis is basically a Smith clone with a higher upside and cheaper deal.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hawkssurething hopefully checks in soon but I'm excited to see what KPL can do and his ceiling is so much higher, just has to stay healthy.

timmat

Reaction score
We're so stacked at linebacker, he didn't fit into the plans. However, he will always be held in high regard by me for what he helped give us - a title. He had a big pick-6 in the last regular season game vs. Rams in 2013 to help secure home field in the playoffs. He was hustling downfield and made the interception on 'The Tip'. He had a pick-6 in the Super Bowl. He had a fumble recovery in the Super Bowl. He caught lightening in a bottle for a few weeks there, and I wish him all the best.

As more guys begin to peel off from the championship team, I wish them all well, except for when they are playing us of course.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Looks like this is happening.

Kind of a bummer to see our only Superbowl MVP in team history headed out the door.

Jville

Reaction score
He would get a lot more playing time in Oakland. Natural weak side linebacker that is a plus as a nickle linebacker. Good in trail and plays to the whistle.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2gq3g2cb said:
Looks like this is happening.

Kind of a bummer to see our only Superbowl MVP in team history headed out the door.

Until he signs for 4-5m apy and nets a 5th-6th round comp.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3m1zl31v said:
volsunghawk":3m1zl31v said:
brimsalabim":3m1zl31v said:

Irony is delicious.
I always Bellicheck before questioning intelligence.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2xc3xzdj said:
Scottemojo":2xc3xzdj said:
volsunghawk":2xc3xzdj said:
brimsalabim":2xc3xzdj said:

Irony is delicious.
I always Bellicheck before questioning intelligence.
You take the air out of your spelling? I don't understand.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
That's sad. Not necessarily because we did not resign him but the Raiders. That's were people go to end their careers.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
volsunghawk":tcl5nt3n said:
brimsalabim":tcl5nt3n said:

Irony is delicious.

I hate to be this guy, but that is NOT irony.

That word seems to be more misused than any other word in the dictionary.