Are They Still The Legion of Boom?

Should the 2015 Seahawks Defensive Backfield Be Referred to as The Legion of Boom?

• Yes. It is more of an Era thing than who is still in it

Votes: 72 91.1%
  • No. 1/2 of the originals LOB is gone now and the name needs to be retired

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters

Playmaker21

Reaction score
Sometimes nicknames extend past their time of expiration. Jumping the Shark if you will. I say this because I wonder if the nickname "Legion of Boom" still is relevant to the 2015 Seahawks Defensive Backs?

I always think of the LOB as...
CB's
Richard Sherman
Brandon Browner
Walter Thurmond
Byron Maxwell

Safety
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor

But now all that remains in 2015 is Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor. Brower, Thurmond, and Maxwell are all gone. In is Carey Williams and Will Blackmon at CB.

So should the Seahawks Defesive Backfield still be referred to as the LOB?

It is very similar to the LA Rams Fearsome Foursome Defensive Linemen in the 1960's. They tried to keep the nickname going even after the likes of Deacon Jones, Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen, and Rosey Greir were all gone. But it wasn't the same as the original four.

So what do you guys think? Keep the nickname or should it be retired since there has been so much turnover in the Defensive Backfield over the past two years?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Well Browner established the LOB so they technically weren't the LOB last year by your definition.

The LOB is Sherm, Kam and ET. The rest assimilate

titan3131

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":30s79596 said:
Well Browner established the LOB so they technically weren't the LOB last year by your definition.

The LOB is Sherm, Kam and ET. The rest assimilate

leigon of borg

Basis4day

Reaction score
LOB started in 2012 season. Thurmond played one game that year IIRC.

It started as Sherman, Browner, Kam, ET in the base D

75% of the Original LOB in still here. It stays.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2xzq1qwp said:
SMH.

#LOB

Also LOB stands for "LOVE OUR BROTHERS" as Kam stated last year. I think it's grown beyond it's original meaning.

titan3131

Reaction score
technically I consider milloy and trufant lob members too. Even though they didnt put up the Stats during their time with the current group, they were essential in the development of what we have now.

Savvy vets have knowledge/expierence that players assimilate different from their peers then they do their coaches.

Thats part of the reason I want ANDRE. Maybe his example can get kearse to block...

gargantual

Reaction score
Sherman, Browner, Chancellor and Thomas. The original LOB (just like on the t-shirt I have!).

True what was said about Browner establishing the hard-hitting tone originally, but it lives on in the others. In spirit in includes everyone in the secondary in general tho.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Basis4day":km8xx1sa said:
LOB started in 2012 season. Thurmond played one game that year IIRC.

It started as Sherman, Browner, Kam, ET in the base D

75% of the Original LOB in still here. It stays.

Bingo.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
This is a ridiculous post. Sorry, I can't resist chiming in.

The LOB is Kam, Earl, and Sherm.

There is no Browner, Maxwell, Thurmond LOB. Those guys were members by proximity and association. Browner gets legit credit because he helped establish the physicality. But he was still by far the Ringo of the group. And Maxwell took his place. Thurmond was always ancillary.

So the bottom half of an elite secondary go away and now you question if it's the same? Give me a break.

It's the LOB as long as the big 3 are around. Not a question. Next pointless offseason topic.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Good question, lets ask Vernon Davis. Seriously, if you have Kam'Trak out there you have to still have LOB.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
The Avengers have many new members come in and go (comic book storyline), but as long as the core is there they are still called The Avengers

firebee

Reaction score
Playmaker21":32bidvj0 said:
Sometimes nicknames extend past their time of expiration. Jumping the Shark if you will. I say this because I wonder if the nickname "Legion of Boom" still is relevant to the 2015 Seahawks Defensive Backs?

I always think of the LOB as...
CB's
Richard Sherman
Brandon Browner
Walter Thurmond
Byron Maxwell

Safety
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor

But now all that remains in 2015 is Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor. Brower, Thurmond, and Maxwell are all gone. In is Carey Williams and Will Blackmon at CB.

So should the Seahawks Defesive Backfield still be referred to as the LOB?

It is very similar to the LA Rams Fearsome Foursome Defensive Linemen in the 1960's. They tried to keep the nickname going even after the likes of Deacon Jones, Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen, and Rosey Greir were all gone. But it wasn't the same as the original four.

So what do you guys think? Keep the nickname or should it be retired since there has been so much turnover in the Defensive Backfield over the past two years?

I always think of the LOB as Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman and the other guys.