O'line. Two holes to fill.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Kind of sucked anyway. Not too sad about losing two of them (although losing a duck hurts). I expect at least one veteran signing and a couple of draft picks. Luckily our qb and our rb are the best in the league at masking o'line deficiencies.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Brilliant choice of title, J. Pe and Sac are gonna have a field day...

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Right? Thought maybe Largent80 made adjunct professor of .net

Largent80

Reaction score
The middle going left was the weak spot in our line most of the year.

Something else is going to happen in FA methinks.

Unger has become unreliable health wise and Carp wasn't even going to be re signed.

Looking forward to who we get.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
We now need to address LG and C on the starting line as well as fill multiple holes in the depth chart. Who are the top names in FA we can overpay for?

ensett

Reaction score
Bailey is better than Carp at LG and LJP is pretty decent at C. Plug them in and we are atleast equal to what we were last year

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
At this point, got to think we go Oline heavy in the draft now.

cesame

Reaction score
First of all I like the trade

But the offensive line has been a weak link for the team over the years, and the unit just got worse

Still a lot of work to do

Hawknballs

Reaction score
unger hasn't been playing well and has been hurt so meh.

like i said last season, just put any five fat guys in front of there and make the defense at least have to run around them.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don't see how this changes much in overall thinking. We were likely to go WR/OL heavy in the draft bc those are talent deep positions especially interior O-Line.

99% of Seahawks fans had to know Unger was at the top of the list of being cut or traded.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Wisniewski is still hanging around out there; wonder if the Hawks may have interest.

But, we know LJP is at least replacement level. And Patrick Lewis was actually promising, struggled in his first start (1st AZ game) but also started in the 2nd AZ game : 1 sack, 267 rush yds.

Chapow

Reaction score
cesame":51jkmd00 said:
First of all I like the trade

But the offensive line has been a weak link for the team over the years, and the unit just got worse

Still a lot of work to do

Yep, good thing free agency just started about 2 hrs ago. It's a looooooooooong off season.

firebee

Reaction score
ensett":1tlvrc7o said:
Bailey is better than Carp at LG and LJP is pretty decent at C. Plug them in and we are atleast equal to what we were last year
Agreed... I see absolutely no major drop off between Carp and Bailey, but I would really like to see us bring in someone to push Bailey. Bailey was still very very inconsistent last year. He'd look good for short stretches, but man oh man did he look bad on some stretches. He was great when he first got plugged in, but then he seemed to get overly comfortable and lackidaisical about the way he played and his play really dropped off after that first game. Stefen Wisniewski would be a god-send right now.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
The o line needed a major shake up anyway! Wasn't Unger the last of the old regime .. Not sure?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Well, we averaged 50 more yds a game rushing when Unger was in and Graham averages 50 yds a game receiving. But Graham should stay healthy while Unger only plays about half a season. Add in Ungers snapfu's (yes, Unger has his own word to describe his snaps) and I think the offense is better just as is. Of course, we need depth now.

Gotta fill some oline holes in the draft.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
hawkfannj":170wz7i7 said:
The o line needed a major shake up anyway! Wasn't Unger the last of the old regime .. Not sure?

Unger, Mebane, Ryan all predate Carroll Schneider

-bsd

Hyak

Reaction score
They really like Patrick Lewis and he did play well, overtaking LPJ. Not tremendously worried about it.

Seafan

Reaction score
Twice in the last two days Schneider has said they liked a couple young guys on the roster. They may not sign or draft anyone.