Thanks for the trade!

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
As much as I love Graham I can't help but be very enthused about this deal. It frees up the cap situation, gives the Saints the much needed anchor at center, adds a second first round pick and give the other two very capable TE's (Ben Watson and Josh Hill) more playing time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This was a rare win/win in a trade for both teams. I like it on our end as well. We were missing elite skill players.

Beast Mode

Reaction score
You guys ready for Jameis Winston starting at QB for the Saints next year? Crazy rumors flying around Brees might be going to the Jets or some other QB needy team.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I see this trade as a bit of a bigger win for the Seahawks. Unger is a very heady player, but his perennial All Pro status is a bit undeserved. He has been injured a lot during his career, and has been really "iffy" with his shotgun snapping for the past couple seasons.

Thanks for Jimmy, Guido! The kid might be a tad soft but he can ball.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Unger hasn't been healthy for years. Thanks for giving us an ALL PRO Tight End.

All of the NFC South is celebrating today outside of New Orleans.

A

Anonymous

Always a pleasure to hear from you, kind sir, and you're welcome!

If anything, Unger will bring a cerebral touch to your locker room. A very smart and articulate individual, and a veteran player with tremendous knowledge.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think both fanbases will only see the flaws in each player traded away and only the good parts of the player they are getting.

Reality is that 2 good players were traded away, each with their own issues that made them expendable in the first place.

Jville

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":346wponv said:
As much as I love Graham I can't help but be very enthused about this deal. It frees up the cap situation, gives the Saints the much needed anchor at center, adds a second first round pick and give the other two very capable TE's (Ben Watson and Josh Hill) more playing time.

Congratulations ..... the Saints badly needed help. This trade should be a good first step. Don't worry about the noise about 2014 injuries to Max. That was the result of teammates rolling up on his legs for the first time in his career .... twice. Those problems were Seahawk problems and will not travel to New Orleans.

Both New Orleans and Seattle need good trading partners. This trade is a good step in that direction.

SaintsFan1998

Reaction score
Seems like a win/win for both teams.

Y'all have Russell Wilson and want to maximize his value with a real target.

Saints need the cap space, pick, and the O-line help.

The real "winner" of the trade will depend on the health of the two main players going forward.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Unger is good, not great anymore and is often injured. Trading away a proven player like Graham and getting a declining injury player and draft picks that may or may not be any good is what happened. Youre welcome.

Chapow

Reaction score
You are most certainly very welcome!

I hope you guys have a capable back up center, you're going to need him. And Brees better be on his toes when he's in the shotgun, you never know where those snaps are going to go.

Seems to me we just traded an above average, yet very replaceable, Center who has missed a lot of time in the past couple of years and moved down 75 spots in the draft for an elite receiving TE. I'm pretty damn stoked about that.

Awesome trade for the 'Hawks!

Largent80

Reaction score
Unger developed into a very good center over the years. Regardless of how he got injured, he became a player the Hawks could not rely upon even while being in his prime.

I like Guido and I hope he works out for the Saints.

I do think the Hawks made out like a bandit here however as Our FO is amazeballs in the middle rounds of the draft. And we probably lost our projected 4th in the Harvin deal and this makes up for that.

So, we can now go...O-line, WR, and quality depth across the board in the draft......... :179417:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Unger is oft-injured, but more than solid when he's out there. He's had some bad luck injury wise as he seems to get rolled up on quite often.

Good luck with him, Guido, except against us!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1rp2i4e4 said:
Unger is oft-injured, but more than solid when he's out there.

maybe. I am not sure what the team thought of him though considering they were willing to trade him from an already suspect O-line; often over the past couple years his snaps just seemed off, and his protection wasn't always much above average.

I'm more concerned over spending yet another first round draft pick on a guy that may just not work with our system.

Hopefully Graham can be the guy who breaks the trend of the Seahawks trading for guys based on what they've done rather than what they can do here.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This was not a fair trade Guido.

The Saints are just dropping salary space. It's officially the rebuilding years. Luckily, the division is relatively weak and your talent isn't that bad all around so it could be a quick turnaround (2016?).

Best of luck with Unger, he's a damn good center when he's healthy.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree this is a good trade for the Saints as well. The first round pick will help them a lot and if they do decide to rebuild a bit then they can probably turn it into a 2nd and a 4th pretty easily. The Saints were in really bad cap shape a week ago, but with releasing Lofton, their restructures and now this move they will have the cap space to sign their rookies and even fill out some of the edges of their team with journeymen where necessary.

I'm a little bit nervous that the Hawks are going to end up in a similar boat in 2017 when delayed hits finally catch up with us, but odds seem pretty good that the new TV deal can keep the ball rolling.