Centers available in FA

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Stefen Wisniewski, Raiders, 26 years old -- best available
Chris Myers, Texans, 33 years old
Brian De La Puente, C/G, Bears. Age: 30.
Samson Satele, C, Dolphins. Age: 30.
Joe Berger, C/G, Vikings. Age: 33.
Dominic Raiola, C, Lions. Age: 36.
A.Q. Shipley (RFA), C, Colts. Age: 29.
Will Montgomery, C, Broncos. Age: 32.
Rich Ohrnberger, C/G, Chargers. Age: 29.
J.D. Walton, C, Giants. Age: 28.
Jonathan Goodwin, C, Saints. Age: 36.
Scott Wells, C, Rams. Age: 34.
Fernando Velasco, C/G, Panthers. Age: 30.
Mike Pollak, C, Bengals. Age: 30.
Lemuel Jeanpierre, C/G, Seahawks. Age: 28.
Chris Spencer, C, Titans. Age: 33.
Jacques McClendon, C, Jaguars. Age: 27.
Tim Barnes (RFA), C, Rams. Age: 27.
Christo Bilukidi (RFA), C, Ravens. Age: 25.
Mark Asper, C, Dolphins. Age: 29.

Will reserve the draft prospects for that forum.. list is pretty bare.. but Wisniewski would be an outstanding pick up. Myers wouldn't be a bad rental. Obviously Lem is also an option.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Myers, Satele, and Montgomery all have starting experience in run- heavy Zone Blocking systems.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
what about patric lewis seahawk.. 24... I thought he did fantastic....I'm good with him and lempedia

Scottemojo

Reaction score
That is a sad list. Wisnewski is the only standout, and he struggles, like Unger, to make accurate snaps in the gun. Satele? He stinks. Myers? 36.

pehawk

Reaction score
Robert Swift or Jim MacIlvane still around playing center? Olden Polynice?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":2xrncev9 said:
what about patric lewis seahawk.. 24... I thought he did fantastic....I'm good with him and lempedia

he wasnt' terrible but he was a far cry from fantastic.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1v6qp0v4 said:
hawks4thewin":1v6qp0v4 said:

he wasnt' terrible but he was a far cry from fantastic.

Cable obviously likes Lewis or this trade wouldn't have happened. I'm not worried.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
If we can bring back Lemierre and have a competition with Lewis, that's ok. Maybe we find a world beater in draft? Maybe?

vonstout

Reaction score
Not a very strong group of FA Centers. I'd resign LJP and draft:

Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn
Height: 6-3. Weight: 296.
40 Time: 5.31.
Projected Round (2015): 2-4.
2/28/15: Dismukes played well for Auburn in 2014. He is a balanced, well-rounded blocker who is equally effective for the ground or air attack. Dismukes had a strong showing versus Kansas State and was very good against LSU. He also looked good against Ole Miss and Wisconsin. Dismukes looks like he'll be able to start early in his NFL career. Dismukes had a quality workout at the Combine and held his own at the Senior Bowl.

8/27/14: Dismukes had an excellent 2013 season as a run-blocker for Auburn. The Tigers had a lot of success running behind him from start to finish. Dismukes is quick and athletic for an interior blocker, but could use more weight for the NFL. He would be a great fit in a zone-blocking scheme.

Dismukes was a First-Team All-SEC center in 2013. It was his third straight season as a starter for the Tigers.

Personal: Son of Kim and Ed Dismukes. Majoring in public administration.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I've heard from a friend and Bears fan that de la Puente is "super underrated." I'd believe him more if the Bears weren't the nineteenth team to try him out.

But he was snapping for the NFL's most prolific QB during all three of Brees' 5k+ yard seasons.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Wiznewski is intriguing for sure, but I'd be cool with LJP. Whatever happens, I hope the team does it in the next 5 minutes so I can get back to work.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
I want us to keep LJP. Give him a full offseason preparing to be a starter and he will look even better than last season. Which was still pretty good.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I say we sign Percy Harvin, feed hm nothing but butter and mayonaise, fatten him up and make him play center :D

hawkfan68

Reaction score
pehawk":12jjjmmd said:
Robert Swift or Jim MacIlvane still around playing center? Olden Polynice?

How could you leave out Benoit Benjamin, Ervin Johnson, Alton Lister, and Frank Brickowski? Or even Vin Baker?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a Chris Myers as a 2 year stop-gap or bring him on to mentor a younger ZBS center.

He's 33 not 36. And PFF had him at a +9.9 run-block grade on Dec. 2nd. 3rd best amongst his position.

And he's been ultra durable playing all 128 starts in the last 8 years.

I don't know who are the top COs in the game right now they seem to differ year by year.

But PFRs AV which is position relative stat had Chris Myers had serviceable starter level at 7 AV.

The top center on the market Rodney Hudson had only 8 AV.

Injured top rep centers Unger had 4 AV and Mack at 2 AV. In 2013, both players had 9 AV.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
redhawk253":1oxv2ghf said:
Cam erving fsu... nuff said

Well they definitely have the ammo to move up for him in Round 2 should he fall a bit.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
keatonisballin":31av13yp said:
I want us to keep LJP. Give him a full offseason preparing to be a starter and he will look even better than last season. Which was still pretty good.
Lewis looked better.