Are we confident in Graham fitting in?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
In the past, Bruce Irvin, Bennett both talked smack about Graham, There was a pregame cerfluffle he was in the middle of.

I dont think it will be an issue but thought i'd bring it up.

Also his number will be called a lot less in our offense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I trust that Pete and John did their homework on Graham fitting in before pulling the trigger on this deal.

The big blowup was before a playoff game, it's to be expected players would be barking at each other. So I really don't see an issue here with team chemistry and Graham.

If he comes in, busts his ass, he'll be just fine.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not worried at all.

Irvin and Bennett probably would love to get that taste out of their mouths from February 1. Graham can help that.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure that half of the defense would call half of the offense similar names if they weren't on the same team.

This is football. They'll be fine.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm still not sold on the trade, but one thing that makes me think it could be good is that Wilson has admittedly learned a lot from Brees, who was able to maximize having Graham. Wilson is king of getting the ball into a spot for a guy to make a play over a defender, graham can do that.

Chapow

Reaction score
gowazzu02":371fm7cr said:
In the past, Bruce Irvin, Bennett both talked smack about Graham, There was a pregame cerfluffle he was in the middle of.

I think the media and fans make a lot more out of these things than the players do.

They'll be fine.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 14m14 minutes ago
Text from Bruce Irvin re new teammate Jimmy Graham: 'Smh me and him don't get along lol' (they'll hug it out... Don't worry) @nflnetwork

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3hadqafr said:
I'm still not sold on the trade, but one thing that makes me think it could be good is that Wilson has admittedly learned a lot from Brees, who was able to maximize having Graham. Wilson is king of getting the ball into a spot for a guy to make a play over a defender, graham can do that.

What in the world do you need to be sold on trading for the best TE this league has seen in years for oft-injured Max Unger and the second to last pick in the draft (who you know we were going to trade anyways).

COME ON!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
SonicHawk":ipz0cooy said:
Hawknballs":ipz0cooy said:

What in the world do you need to be sold on trading for the best TE this league has seen in years for oft-injured Max Unger and the second to last pick in the draft (who you know we were going to trade anyways).

COME ON!

I don't agree hes the "best TE in years". He's a great receiver when he can get open. He's a below average blocker. We've seen first hand what happens to him when he goes up against a physical defense.

I agree losing unger isn't huge.

More concerned about the draft pick (you say we were going to trade it anyways, that doesn't mean it is worthless all of a sudden) and the contract (9m a year), his recent injury issues although minor are still concerning, and aside from marshawn lynch what trade for an offensive star has ever worked out for this team?

So no, i'm not sold. I'm not saying it won't work, but it's going to take some time and seeing is believing to sell me on it.

if he looks good going into the season though, I'll be buying a graham jersey. I've wanted us to have an elite pass catching tight end for a long damn time.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3eygxqzq said:
I don't agree hes the "best TE in years". He's a great receiver when he can get open. He's a below average blocker. We've seen first hand what happens to him when he goes up against a physical defense.

I agree losing unger isn't huge.

More concerned about the draft pick (you say we were going to trade it anyways, that doesn't mean it is worthless all of a sudden) and the contract (9m a year), his recent injury issues although minor are still concerning, and aside from marshawn lynch what trade for an offensive star has ever worked out for this team?

He's not a pass-blocker. That would be stupid to waste him as one.

He's far more effective pulling pressure away from the line than trying to uphold it.

He hasn't had 'injury issues' he was injured. Do Sherman and Earl have injury issues?

And how many times have we traded for the best (or second best) player at their position in the NFL? Umm...? Zero?

His salary is worth every penny.

kinesmajor

Reaction score
Jimmy graham must be thinking God he doesn't have to face Kam during the season anymore.

firebee

Reaction score
kinesmajor":31eko9ba said:
Jimmy graham must be thinking God he doesn't have to face Kam during the season anymore.
^^^^^ Hahahah... True, but also... Anybody that feels skeptical about this... COME ON MAN!! Unger hasn't stayed healthy an entire season the last two years and their wasn't any majorly noticeable drop-off in play at the position when our back ups stepped in. We're giving up the 31st pick for him and we're getting a 4th round pick back. Who would we have picked up with the 31st pick? We probably would've traded out. This was a frickin steal of a deal. We straight up just robbed the Saints.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Our 12 personnel just got better. Lynch as the single back, Graham & Willson in the slot on each side, pick two of Kearse, Baldwin, Lockette, Matthews on the outside. You can also move Graham outside and have Baldwin in the slot.

LTH

Reaction score
I think there are some good centers in the draft as well... not to mention its way early in FA

LTH

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If Bevell can't take advantage of having a 6'7 260 receiver, then it'll be no more excuses time for him. It will be blatantly obvious that Bevell needs to go.

xgeoff

Reaction score
SonicHawk":j8a6oy66 said:
Hawknballs":j8a6oy66 said:

COME ON!

Easy, we had Percy Harvin and Bevell couldn't figure out how to use him (does the term jet sweep make you cringe? It should). I think Graham is terrific, but he will have to fit into the 'Hawks pass offense. THAT is the challenge. Will Bevell be able to get him in position to make plays? Will Wilson have time to find him? I'm nervous.