We confident Bevell wont hose up the offense force feeding

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Force feeding the ball to graham ala harvin? Theres no equivalent of a fly sweep for a TE right?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
don't think it's possible; adding graham doesn't do much we weren't doing before. Remember Willson tearing up the cardinals on SNF? Now imagine it's jimmy graham instead.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Kind of answering my own question after reading hawknballs response... the two tight end package with Jimmy/Double L gives us the run first look, then let RW do his magic.

I likey

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am confident Graham is a great pass catcher. I am confident he woult rather not block. And I am confident Bevell will dream up a huge number of personnel packages to get him the ball. I am equally confident he wall have a large number of personnel packages featuring Graham as a decoy, you know, really cute shit.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1knhg0lc said:
Yeah, how can it be a bad thing to force feed one of the best Red Zone guys in football?

If it takes us away from our pound the rock first mentality it can be a bad thing.

"How can it be a bad thing force feeding one of the best athletes and most dynamic players in football" Was said about harvin,,,,,, well that ended up being bad!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":28n3p6sb said:
SoulfishHawk":28n3p6sb said:
Yeah, how can it be a bad thing to force feed one of the best Red Zone guys in football?

If it takes us away from our pound the rock first mentality it can be a bad thing.

"How can it be a bad thing force feeding one of the best athletes and most dynamic players in football" Was said about harvin,,,,,, well that ended up being bad!

They didn't force feed Harvin, they gimmicked him out. You can force the ball to Graham because he's a big ol boy.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
gowazzu02":33siv87b said:
SoulfishHawk":33siv87b said:

Yes, I'm so sure they just gave Lynch 30 million to be a decoy for Graham :roll:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3261qyiv said:
gowazzu02":3261qyiv said:
SoulfishHawk":3261qyiv said:

Yes, I'm so sure they just gave Lynch 30 million to be a decoy for Graham :roll:
Lynch got paid pretty well to be a decoy for Lockette.

firebee

Reaction score
God Help us... Bevell just needs to develop some good route combinations, stick to the basic smashmouth run it down your throats and take your shots in the air type of football this team is meant to run. No cutesy jet sweep, bubble screen, slip screen, broken screen. Let Cable do his magic with Graham and round out his run blocking. Boom!!! Start rolling over the league.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
firebee":u5hcpx52 said:
God Help us... Bevell just needs to develop some good route combinations, stick to the basic smashmouth run it down your throats and take your shots in the air type of football this team is meant to run. No cutesy jet sweep, bubble screen, slip screen, broken screen. Let Cable do his magic with Graham and round out his run blocking. Boom!!! Start rolling over the league.

x1000

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I had posted this initially in another Graham thread but it seems more appropriate in this one.
If Bevell can't take advantage of having a 6'7 260 receiver, then it'll be no more excuses time for him. It will be blatantly obvious that Bevell needs to go.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I hate that guy who OCd us to two consecutive Super Bowls and one win. God, he freakin' sucks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1z05iaa5 said:
Force feeding the ball to graham ala harvin? Theres no equivalent of a fly sweep for a TE right?
No. Hope I'm wrong though.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We force feed Lynch and we haven't had any problems with that. As long as we have talented players who are willing to do what it takes to help the team win, Isee nothing wrong with force feeding anybody. Harvin isn't one of those types of players.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Bevell will continue to call a 10 and out to Jimmy Graham over and over until halftime when we have continuously gone 3 and out. He will then magically remember that we have the Beast at halftime and Lynch will get 20 carries in the second half.

To answer the question, no, Bevell will try to force feed Graham.