Graham a WR?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Yes I know he's technically a TE but I'm actually wondering if he might be the big number 1 WR that Pete's been looking for since he got here. If I remember correctly a few years ago while he was going through contract negotiations, he wanted to be paid like a WR. It got a little contentious as the league ruled that his position is TE so his contract numbers should reflect those of a WR and not TE. Word is that his skill set is more that of a WR than a TE. His weakness seems to be blocking while his strengths seem to be getting separation down field. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him lined up more as a wideout than as an inline blocking TE.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I wondered the same thing. We need a pass blocking TE. Better to put him wide on passing downs and what good is he at all on running downs? So leave him wide on those too. So WR.

netskier

Reaction score
Is it better for the running game to block one man in the box, or pull two men out of the box? Clearly the latter is better.

Therefore, line him out wide as a wide receiver.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He makes plays no matter where he lines up. And talk about a massive upgrade from the current WR core. Nice to have a guy versatile to line up at TE and WR. Let alone his red zone skills.

LTH

Reaction score
Be assured the Hawks will use him to his strengths and I bet that means in multiple ways...

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's not like we've never split Miller, Willson or Moeaki out wide before, so this shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

LTH

Reaction score
Hawks46":26udtzf2 said:
It's not like we've never split Miller, Willson or Moeaki out wide before, so this shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

Except now its going to be deadly...

LTH

Laloosh

Reaction score
Not kidding, I'd make him block Bennett in practice over and over until he actually starts blocking. Play the position or get your ass kicked by a guy who thinks you're soft.

peppersjap

Reaction score
All I know is that I'm so happy to finally have that big (and reliable) target for Wilson. Most of us felt we needed a #1 guy and Graham might not be a wide out but he is probably the best red zone threat that we could have gotten our hands on. This move completely shocked me but I can't wait to see our new toy on the field. It is sad to see Unger go but he missed a lot of time the last couple of years.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Guarantee they'll play him out wide, but they'll move him around.

zhawk

Reaction score
this was my first thought, it's not like PC is against thinking outside the box. he's under contract and can catch they will coach him up :thirishdrinkers:

zhawk

Reaction score
this was my first thought, it's not like PC is against thinking outside the box. he's under contract and can catch they will coach him up :thirishdrinkers:

original poster

Reaction score
There's no doubt he will line up as both a TE and wide out, this guy is going to open every other player up when he's used as a decoy as well. Baldwins stats are about to rocket!

Seafan

Reaction score
He's a go to guy. He's a #1 whether he's a TE or a WR. He gives the Hawks their first #1 receiver since Rice. Short QBs benefit from huge targets like Jimmy. He's not a traditional TE he's simply one of the best receivers in the NFL.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Seafan":suatbp09 said:
He's a go to guy. He's a #1 whether he's a TE or a WR. He gives the Hawks their first #1 receiver since Rice. Short QBs benefit from huge targets like Jimmy. He's not a traditional TE he's simply one of the best receivers in the NFL.

We've had other #1 WRs since Jerry Rice bro.

:stirthepot:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The dude is 6'6" with 35" arms and with 10 5/8" hands... and ran a 4.56 sec. forty at the combine..

He can line up anywhere he wants and catch the ball.

sutz

Reaction score
Wasted semantics. All of the best TEs in the league line up split wide on a regular basis. One reason for Graham's suit was that the lines are getting a bit blurred between the two positions. I'm wondering a bit how he does in motion...perhaps some people could enlighten us, but if he could do some H-back type duties, that would also be nice.

It's definitely a good get.