Reaction score
Left Guard- Carp replacement - draft? Free agent
Center- Unger replacement. ??
WR- at least one
QB - backup
P/K returner-
DL- one run stuffer
DE- one edge rusher
Safety - could use a backup free safety?

Thoughts on how to address these. Would be nice to get at least a little experience on the offensive line

WendellWent

Reaction score
nitticanuck":24kukp67 said:
Left Guard- Carp replacement - draft? Free agent
Center- Unger replacement. ??
WR- at least one
QB - backup
P/K returner-
DL- one run stuffer
DE- one edge rusher
Safety - could use a backup free safety?

Thoughts on how to address these. Would be nice to get at least a little experience on the offensive line

CB. Even with the addition of Williams, we need cornerbacks.

McGruff

Reaction score
LG - Alvin Bailey + cheap vet + late draft pick
C- Patrick Lewis +LJP + cheap vet + draft pick
WR - Draft pick (think speed not size)
QB - Jackson will be back
Ret - cheap vet + draft pick
DL - cheap vet + draft pick(s)
DE - Money vet + draft pick
Safety - Pinkins, Shead, draft pick/UDFA

I think we sign Shelley and go hard after Sheard. Guessing we miss out on Johnson.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
LG: I think they view Bailey as the starter at LG and will sign a cheap vet to compete along with a rookie.
C: I think they view Lewis as the starter and will have a rookie compete.
WR: I think they will draft a WR and not spend anymore FA money there. I felt that since they tendered Kearse.
QB: Hope TJack is back, but they may draft a late QB this year and let Daniels have the backup job.
P/K Returner: They will look to the draft for someone to do it when they fill WR or DB holes, but for now that hole is filled by signing Blackmon.
DL: I think they will sign a DT (re-sign Williams) and draft DT in Round 3 or 4.
DE: Sign a cheap vet Pass rusher and draft late DEs (remember we get Marsh back, so they may view him as an addition this year too)
S: They will need to address the depth here in the draft.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
a legitimate WR is still needed imo, a guy who can run deep routes. I still like stevie Johnson bowe or the other Johnson to fill the role...and now obviously some help on the o line...Wisnieski from the raiders cuts would be nice. and overall depth, the db position may need some more bolstering as who knows how long some of these guys may be out for..

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
What about Mr. Mediocre as WR? Could they ever be on the same team? Never say never but what kind of fit would it be. I think another WR would make teams wonder what the heck our offense will do this year. Getting Graham has got to have thrown many teams that will play them this year for a big loop.