Doesn't something have to give at RB?

makkapakka

Reaction score
I can't imagine Michael being content with continuing his role from the past two seasons. Compare his career to Eddie Lacy who was taken one pick earlier. If Christine could return kicks that would be something, but as things stand he often doesn't make the game day roster. I think the team changed the long term RB plan this season and now this needs to be addressed. What is his trade value? Perhaps he could be converted into a RB prospect plus a swap to a higher pick for another player.

Also, will Turbin be content with his role on this team? Actually in every interview of him he seems to be a great team guy.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If Christine had earned more playing time he'd be getting it. Marshawn has shown he is willing to share the load. I believe J-Force has mentioned before that Shawn would take himself out just so other guys could get carries.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If CMike didn't have so many fumbles, he'd probably be a great return guy.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Turbin is a FA after this season and Michael is a FA after two.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It wouldn't shock me in the least if we traded one of them for a draft pick, and it wouldn't surprise me if we just stayed status quo at the position. This is one thing that makes Schneider such a genius....it's impossible to know for sure what direction he's going to go and what his next move will be.

JonRud

Reaction score
I agree with this. I would try to trade Michael if you can get something decent for him. He is never going to get a real chance to play as long as Lynch is around and it must be driving him nuts to sit on the bench. I never really understood that pick when it happened.

I would go with Lynch/Turbin and trade Michael. Lynch is going to get most of the carries as long as he is on this team I don't think it really matters much if Michael is not showing much in practice or his limited game reps. He is apparently a great talent and he needs to get some real carries in a game to show that.

JonRud

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":18q1lkjk said:

What am I missing here? The guy has had 52 carries in 2 years, is averaging 4.9 YPC and has fumbled the ball 1 time. There seems to be a perception he fumbles all the time. Is he fumbling a lot in pre-season that I am not remembering?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Right now Michael has no trade value.

The questions for Michael right now are 1) if the Seahawks draft a RB and 2) if he can beat out that drafted RB or if he is cut.

Maybe he'll turn it around and have a career, but that's how the cards are stacked right now.

OP
OP
M

makkapakka

Reaction score
Popeyejones":31qtqxn9 said:

Really? I was imagining a team would give up a 3rd or a 4th for him? Might be a steal for the other team.

Basis4day

Reaction score
makkapakka":1snv1ad9 said:
Popeyejones":1snv1ad9 said:

Really? I was imagining a team would give up a 3rd or a 4th for him? Might be a steal for the other team.

The other team will see a guy who was a 2nd rd pick and never plays. Where is the value in that?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Basis4day":32r9d8jb said:
makkapakka":32r9d8jb said:
Popeyejones":32r9d8jb said:

The other team will see a guy who was a 2nd rd pick and never plays. Where is the value in that?

In perspective, we effectively traded Unger for a fourth.

OP
OP
M

makkapakka

Reaction score
Basis4day":2bdg4q8t said:
makkapakka":2bdg4q8t said:
Popeyejones":2bdg4q8t said:

Well I'd see him as a player with a huge upside, and also as someone who has two full seasons of pro training camps and practice under his belt, who has learned the ropes and is not coming in raw. Also a guy who would be hungry.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Michael gets a lot more carries this year. They will need to see what he can do with Lynch being up in the air after next year. Too valuable to trade at this point for what you would get.

crosfam

Reaction score
I would like to see if Michael can be the regular KR/PR guy... then we may need to deal with injuries - you never know if somebody goes down for one game or 16.

OP
OP
M

makkapakka

Reaction score
austinslater25":241vfp4s said:
I think Michael gets a lot more carries this year. They will need to see what he can do with Lynch being up in the air after next year. Too valuable to trade at this point for what you would get.

What if you could convert a 4th to a 2nd and draft a long term solution at center?

McGruff

Reaction score
makkapakka":1xgvvbv7 said:
Popeyejones":1xgvvbv7 said:

LOL . . . no. He has proven nothing in the NFL for a team to give up something good for him. Maybe a conditional 7th, but that is about it.

JonRud

Reaction score
Basis4day":nud3m8n3 said:
makkapakka":nud3m8n3 said:
Popeyejones":nud3m8n3 said:

I think most GMs would understand that Michael is playing behind the best RB in football and that's why he's not going to get a lot of opportunities. Also Turbin is pretty good himself.

Steve Young sat behind Joe Montana for a while and then was amazing when he got a chance to play. Michael has some sick talent, who's to say another team won't take a shot on him? I don't think you can use the argument 'He has no value because he can't get playing time over Marshawn Lynch'.

OP
OP
M

makkapakka

Reaction score
McGruff":1fwkl3i7 said:
makkapakka":1fwkl3i7 said:
Popeyejones":1fwkl3i7 said:

LOL . . . no. He has proven nothing in the NFL for a team to give up something good for him. Maybe a conditional 7th, but that is about it.

OK.... perhaps I'm off base, was imaging 3rd/4th.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Trade CMike for a high upside unproven WR with some size. Let's swap promising prospects with someone

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
JonRud":226acuh2 said:
SalishHawkFan":226acuh2 said:

What am I missing here? The guy has had 52 carries in 2 years, is averaging 4.9 YPC and has fumbled the ball 1 time. There seems to be a perception he fumbles all the time. Is he fumbling a lot in pre-season that I am not remembering?
Last year he fumbled in the preseason twice on 23 carries. The year before he had no fumbles on 40 preseason carries. So in all that's 3 fumbles on 115 carries, or a fumble every 38 carries. Lynch fumbles about once every 100 carries.