just waiting on Unger at this point

OP
OP
B

Bprez3

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1nv7hmql said:
urg hmm I hmm what are the odds??

Of him not passing his physical? See O'Brien Schofield. If the Saints have buyers remorse that would be their way out of the deal. Doubtful that would happen. Unless they want to be blackballed by the other GM's in the league

Hawks46

Reaction score
This trade is too high profile for them to pull the Schofield maneuver. It would kill trade value with other teams for a long time.

That said, I'm more worried about Unger passing his physical than I was worried about Graham passing his.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Unger passing his physical is the only thing I worry about. Guy hasn't been healthy. Can't snap the ball. Crossing fingers.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Pete and John wouldn't send Unger out there with issues that NO wasn't made aware of. I don't see him failing a physical unless NO was intentionally failing him and as others have mentioned, that hurts them.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
to be honest I would put money on this trade coming back. I'm not happy about it.

McG

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":rshzzdc9 said:
to be honest I would put money on this trade coming back. I'm not happy about it.

Well I'd take that bet. They aren't going to do a trade like this if there are any issues on either side of it being negated due to a physical. If it did come back, both players trade value would be incredibly low considering other teams would know they were either hurt and/or that the team wanted to get rid of them.

original poster

Reaction score
Has a date been set for next week when Max will have his physical?

TheRealDTM":3qlklpj9 said:

Good lord please give it a rest.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2w11cdla said:

Those are two unrelated matters, unless you're "not happy" about the odds of Max Unger passing his physical.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Any word on Unger making it to NOLA yet? Y'all are making me paranoid about this trade falling through. :?

McGruff

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2x8jfgqa said:
Any word on Unger making it to NOLA yet? Y'all are making me paranoid about this trade falling through. :?

He's in Hawaii I believe. Plans on touching ground in NO next week.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
McGruff":36r22be6 said:
JAGHAWK":36r22be6 said:

sheeez, going to make us sweat through this for a week huh?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Even if unger fails his physical, I don't see us giving Jimmy back. We probably just square it up with NOLA by giving them a 3rd or something. This deal was never about Max; he was a throw in to manage the cap hit.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Bobblehead":10tlnu5a said:
McGruff":10tlnu5a said:
JAGHAWK":10tlnu5a said:

sheeez, going to make us sweat through this for a week huh?

No shit. Like someone stated earlier though... wouldn't there be obvious concerns of even going through with the trade if PC/JS knew he would have issues passing a physical? I realize it's out of their control now.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":hz50pcaq said:

You have to be trolling at this point.

My goodness....

Laloosh

Reaction score
Cue the Max Unger doing dangerous things selfie weekend... here is max on a unicycle and here is max ice skating for the first time...

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Laloosh":13etuv86 said:
Cue the Max Unger doing dangerous things selfie weekend... here is max on a unicycle and here is max ice skating for the first time...

LMAO! Was waiting for someone to post something like this.