T-Jack?

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
You know after the last few years, I have become really happy to have T-Jack here, granted he has not had to play but I really think we have security there. Do you think we resign him?

kidhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3pbyj4g4 said:
My guess is we won't know until after the draft.

I agree, it would be best. If we haven't re-signed him, it keeps GMs guessing at our draft day(s) strategy.

titan3131

Reaction score
too expensive for benchwarmer time to show faith in BJ.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Not that it might not happen, but I'd be surprised if TJ was re-signed before June 1. If they really really wanted him back, it would have already gotten done by now. But another ~$1.5M is becoming a steeper price to pay for a backup QB now that the Hawks are getting closer to the salary cap and still need to account for potential new deals for Wilson/Wagner, more FA signings, and the 2015 draft class. Plus it seems they really like BJ Daniels, who'll be making the minimum this year and now has 2 years in the Hawks offense. FA signings that occur after June 1 don't count towards the comp pick formula, so if he's still on he street I could see them offering him a non-guaranteed deal at that point, to come back and compete with Daniels for the #2 job in camp. That's the approach I would take to all of this, anyway.

netskier

Reaction score
I thought that BJ was now primarily a receiver. I hope they maximize his secondary value as additional backup for quarterback.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Most Back-Up QBs, especially the better ones, make 2-5m per. Jurassic Park Matt Hasselbeck just signed for 3m.

If T-Jack came back on a 1.5m deal, no one should be upset at that kind of cost.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
We have a running QB.
We are stacked to make another SB run ...
But we can't spend $1.5 on the best backup QB?
Come on now ... T-Jack is probably the lowest paid Backup in the NFL.
If I were T-Jack, I would demand a pay increase.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Let TJ go, we have #9
7a3efc6d2b19ffec857763d179855d56.jpg

100% completions

rideaducati

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1digha5l said:
We have a running QB.
We are stacked to make another SB run ...
But we can't spend $1.5 on the best backup QB?
Come on now ... T-Jack is probably the lowest paid Backup in the NFL.
If I were T-Jack, I would demand a pay increase.

He isn't worth what he was paid last season and will be due an automatic raise if re-signed. I hope he goes away forever. He is not a good QB and is nowhere near the best backup QB. He was the FIFTH string QB for the Bills just two seasons ago...the freaking Bills! There isn't a head coach alive that would relegate the best anything to fifth string. Tarvaris is/was/will be here for the sole reason being that he knows the system...and he still sucks.

Basis4day

Reaction score
shawnsim":66ll4206 said:
For the best coin toss caller in the NFL? 1.5 sounds great.

Pretty much all i ever want our backup to do.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Basis4day":n1nul6vv said:
shawnsim":n1nul6vv said:
For the best coin toss caller in the NFL? 1.5 sounds great.

Pretty much all i ever want our backup to do.

Yup, and his kneel down skills are impeccable as well.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
When you're set to make a Super Bowl run, wouldn't you want the best insurance policy out there? And that's exactly what Tarvaris is - a buoy to keep the Hawks afloat if Russell sustained an injury (God forbid) and had to miss some time.
Tarvaris is the best backup in the league and I think he wants to stay in Seattle. As a veteran, he knows his role and makes those contributions in the film room and the practice field that we don't always see on game day.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":y6l9ln40 said:
When you're set to make a Super Bowl run, wouldn't you want the best insurance policy out there? And that's exactly what Tarvaris is - a buoy to keep the Hawks afloat if Russell sustained an injury (God forbid) and had to miss some time.
Tarvaris is the best backup in the league and I think he wants to stay in Seattle. As a veteran, he knows his role and makes those contributions in the film room and the practice field that we don't always see on game day.

Agreed.
Tarvaris is MAN - not buoy.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1fuw0oa6 said:

Rumor is he wants to be a back-up for Teddy Bridgewater.

Tarvaris Jackson: I think I could help Bridgewater as his backup
by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

With Matt Cassel now in Buffalo and Christian Ponder set to become a free agent Tuesday, former Seahawks backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson said he would love to be Teddy Bridgewater's backup in Minnesota.

"I think I could really help [Bridgewater]," Jackson told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "I think I could help put things in perspective for him with football and outside of football … I feel I can help him just making the game a little easier and kind of learning from my mistakes and stuff."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/pl ... is-jackson