Kris Richard on 710 ESPN

Jville

Reaction score
Good interview. It covered a lot. Thanks for posting.

Reassuring about future of defensive backfield among other subjects.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Already knew he was a terrific coach but listening to that confirmed that he's a class act, too. Just like Dan Quinn was/is.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
I liked what he had to say about Simon. Easy to forget that last year was his first year playing in games at this level.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I love his attitude. I get the feeling he will be a HC in 2 or 3 years.

kearly

Reaction score
The guy has ace speaking skills, and we know he's a stud DB coach. Hopefully that translates to being a good DC.

He will be a HC for sure. Until Carroll finds his Darell Bevell of the defense, our DCs will always be a hot commodity. Add to that Richard's speaking skills and resume as a DB coach, and he might be snatched up quicker than Quinn and Bradley were.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Scottemojo":28zhcbuh said:
I love his attitude. I get the feeling he will be a HC in 2 or 3 years.

If he follows in Bradley's and Quinn's footsteps, more than likely in 2.

With our defense healthy again next season and an improved offense (hopefully/fingers crossed), the Hawks are going to make him look good.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":3fdlxwy7 said:
The guy has ace speaking skills, and we know he's a stud DB coach. Hopefully that translates to being a good DC.

He will be a HC for sure. Until Carroll finds his Darell Bevell of the defense, our DCs will always be a hot commodity. Add to that Richard's speaking skills and resume as a DB coach, and he might be snatched up quicker than Quinn and Bradley were.

Intelligent players like Sherman have commented about Richard's attention to detail being off the charts. He's helped all of the LOB with the mental aspect of the game, and attention to detail has to be a pretty big prerequisite for a HC. With the skills he has, and Pete's willingness to coach guys up towards their future, it's not hard to see him gone in a couple of years.

Nice thing about it is that Pete fosters success in his assistants, which means he'll generally get his pick of the best up and coming coaches for replacements.