WR Bryan Walters signs with Jaguars

JonRud

Reaction score
Good luck 'Fair Catch'. Hope you tear it up in Jax.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Darn I will miss all his incredible 0 yard punt returns.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Damn! Those hands though!

Which shows how bad the situation was back there that we had Walters doing PR. B.J. Daniels... secret weapon...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Say what you want about the fair catches, one thing I can give the guy is that he never flubbed a punt that ended up hurting us.

When you have a defense like ours, giving the opponent a chance to score without involving the defense really hurts.

As we are aware from some of those kickoff fumbles we had in a few important games.

The question is whether an additional 10 yards is worth the risk of giving the ball back.

I used to hate the fair catches he made, but after a while I was OK with it because at least it assured our offense was getting the ball and we weren't giving up any points without the defense having a say in the matter.

drcool

Reaction score
A guy in the office here who is a Jags fan just came over to my desk to ask about Walters. Pretty much told him to not get his hopes up too high but that he is great at fair catches.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Is there an easier way to get paid in the NFL than to fair catch a ball 80-90% of the time? Dude is ballin'. Good luck to him.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Now, let's not make fun of his fair catches. Let's make fun of his actual return attempts which were terrible.

Best of luck to him - may they find a better use for his skills. I'm sure he's bummed to be leaving his home town.

Jville

Reaction score
20150313-walters.jpg

“There are a lot of good players here,” Walters said. “It’s just a matter of picking somewhere you’re comfortable, and I think it’s going to be a good fit. I feel like I haven’t even touched what I can do in this league. The opportunity is the big thing for me. I feel like that’s all I need, is to get to a place where I can play. That’s why I’m excited to be here.” ...........
......... “The culture (Head Coach) Gus Bradley has brought here reminds me of Seattle, as far as the positive atmosphere and competing,” Walters said. “It’s just exciting. It’s up and coming. It’s a young team. There’s a lot of potential here and also a lot of opportunity.”
[urltargetblank]http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/%E2%80%9915-free-agency-Jaguars-sign-WRPR-Bryan-Walters/280c375e-28f5-4c64-aae4-8f22c312549b[/urltargetblank]

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
So with Marquise Lee, Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, Ace Sanders, Tandon Doss and Bryan Walters on the roster as receivers and Julius Thomas also catching passes, does this mean Justin Blackmon might become available?

I'm looking out for Agholor and Lockett as return men in the draft. Phillip Dorsett and Tre McBride are a tier below in return ability but could also be options. Kenny Bell, Stefon Diggs and David Johnson are probably 3rd day guys guys who could step in and do Walters' job from day one and pose more of a receiving threat.

marko358

Reaction score
drcool":1d1stxl0 said:
A guy in the office here who is a Jags fan just came over to my desk to ask about Walters. Pretty much told him to not get his hopes up too high but that he is great at fair catches.

Shahid Khan works in your office?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tough crowd.

He did exactly what was asked of him. Considering every single other player we've had returning kicks/punts was an unmitigated disaster, I give Walters props for his sure hands and decision-making. He had just a few decent returns, no game-breakers, but no costly mistakes either. Even Percy Harvin can't say that (his fumble in SD might've cost us that game).

Catching that ball clean ain't the easiest job in the world. Ask Earl or Doug.