Sweezy Receives Performance Based Pay Distribution

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/03-13-15-performance-based-pay-2.pdf[/urltargetblank]

According to the chart, he received $259,704

Laloosh

Reaction score
Think they're saying "ok big fella, we're reeeaaallly counting on you next year"?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":1ec6vyaw said:
Think they're saying "ok big fella, we're reeeaaallly counting on you next year"?

It's not a Seahawks thing...the performance based pay distribution is a pool of money set aside ever since they started the rookie salary cap. It helps offset some players who are paid well under the league norm for their level of play

Laloosh

Reaction score
kidhawk":pto5k8v6 said:
Laloosh":pto5k8v6 said:

It's not a Seahawks thing...the performance based pay distribution is a pool of money set aside ever since they started the rookie salary cap. It helps offset some players who are paid well under the league norm for their level of play

Ah, I thought the Seahawks were responsible for determining distribution though. Guess not. Good for Sweezy though.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
From the above link

Under the Performance-Based Pay system, a fund is created and used as a supplemental form of
player compensation based on a comparison of playing time to salary. Players become eligible to
receive a bonus distribution in any regular season in which they play at least one official down.

Performance-Based Pay is computed by using a “player index.” To produce the index, a player’s
regular-season playtime (total plays on offense, defense and special teams) is divided by his adjusted
regular-season compensation (full season salary, prorated portion of signing bonus, earned
incentives). Each player’s index is then compared to those of the other players on his team to
determine the amount of his pay.

ILLUSTRATION OF PERFORMANCE-BASED PAY SYSTEM

Each player on the same team competes for his own share of his club’s Performance-Based Pay
pool. The hypothetical example in the table below illustrates how the index works, using a simplified
four-player team and a club bonus pool of $1,000,000. Each player receives his share of the pool
depending on how his index compares to those of his teammates.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2at226d0 said:
So RW got 90 billion?

I believe that Russell received the largest performance pay amounts in the league his first two years. Can't imagine it being different for last year either.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1pomxez6 said:
KARAVARUS":1pomxez6 said:
So RW got 90 billion?

I believe that Russell received the largest performance pay amounts in the league his first two years. Can't imagine it being different for last year either.

He wasn't in the top 25 this year according to that link.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Since Russ doesn't play special teams he gets hurt here...but I'm sure he is getting a chunk of our allotment.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So who determines how much each player gets paid from this fund, the team or?

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Back to Sweezy,

I'm a big fan of his play style. He's murderously tough in run blocking, way quicker and more aggressive than Carpenter ever dreamed of being...

I think he'll be able to step up his pass protection in the coming years (next year, hopefully!) considering that the transition from D-line to O-line would naturally make him more apt in run blocking...

I know he's athletic enough to evolve into a well rounded O-lineman (in pass protection) and lord knows we need him to be our other established veteran (along with Okung) in the trenches.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to say,

Good for him, he earned it!

Thanks for the info kidhawk, the man deserves some due and proper.