I still haven't watched the SuperBowl.

RockHawk

Reaction score
So I consider myself a very reasonable and logical person in everything I do, so it seems extremely ridiculous that I still haven't watched a single minute of my team in SuperBowl 49 after witnessing the game in person. Whenever I read about Chris Matthew's incredible game, or the 2 minute drive prior to both halves, I get myself psyched up to sit and watch it... but then I don't.

This isn't the first time. After sitting beside Aros and watching SBXL in Detroit, I've still never watched any part of that fiasco on film.

So what is it with my otherwise stable psyche that makes me unable to put aside the final outcome (especially the final play) and sit to enjoy the game for the excellent showing that it was? Is it just a small number of folks like me, or a larger section?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":1khd7vcl said:
So I consider myself a very reasonable and logical person in everything I do, so it seems extremely ridiculous that I still haven't watched a single minute of my team in SuperBowl 49 after witnessing the game in person. Whenever I read about Chris Matthew's incredible game, or the 2 minute drive prior to both halves, I get myself psyched up to sit and watch it... but then I don't.

This isn't the first time. After sitting beside Aros and watching SBXL in Detroit, I've still never watched any part of that fiasco on film.

So what is it with my otherwise stable psyche that makes me unable to put aside the final outcome (especially the final play) and sit to enjoy the game for the excellent showing that it was? Is it just a small number of folks like me, or a larger section?

I haven't watched it again, but for me it isn't as bad as XL, so I probably will at some point.

oasis

Reaction score
I tried several times but always quit at the Lane injury.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I still haven't watched SB-40 over again. I think it will be a long time before I re-watch either SB-40 or SB-49 a second time, if ever. There is no up side to revisiting disappointment.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I deleted my recording immediately after the game. I imagine the only time I'll rewatch it is when it's featured in the rain city redemption Super Bowl L winners video.

Hyak

Reaction score
I think most die-hard fans who are otherwise rational people are probably in the same camp you are. The shock and pain of the ending and knowing that makes it difficult to watch again. I have not re-watched the game or the Sound Effects version whereas I watched SB 48 stuff over and over.

It's human nature. Sadly, it was a very good game played by 2 excellent teams.

drdiags

Reaction score
I avoid reading about the game and haven't watched the recording of it, most likely will not for quite some time (years, if ever). I have only seen clips of XL as well though I probably could watch the entire game now.

Still at least for XLIX I know that the entire country got to see a game that was memorable and entertaining. If Lynch scores from the 5 yd line, I probably am on my 20th view of the game and would be accused of slacking by others here who would be on their 100th or greater viewing.

Aaaah, what could have been. I picked the wrong week to stop drinking or sniffing glue.

grizbob

Reaction score
All my recorded losses are immediately deleted as I can not stand to re-watch a loss. :oops:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":km4qsnws said:
I avoid reading about the game and haven't watched the recording of it, most likely will not for quite some time (years, if ever). I have only seen clips of XL as well though I probably could watch the entire game now.

Still at least for XLIX I know that the entire country got to see a game that was memorable and entertaining. If Lynch scores from the 5 yd line, I probably am on my 20th view of the game and would be accused of slacking by others here who would be on their 100th or greater viewing.

Aaaah, what could have been. I picked the wrong week to stop drinking or sniffing glue.
So inhaling spray paint is still an option?

Largent80

Reaction score
I also did the immediate delete, no interest whatsoever, and I had actually taped XL, and took it to the garage and band sawed that sucker in half.

I wish people would quit making threads about the final play. It isn't therapeutic in any way for me to talk, listen or watch any of it.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":1jixt6o9 said:

Well, that explains a lot. :mrgreen:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
You are not alone. I won't re-watch it, even though I think it was a great game and I shouldn't be so spoiled to not get that it's DAMN tough to repeat and yet we were right there with a chance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RockHawk":3je8rerl said:

Unless you're a masochist, why would you want to watch the SB?

I hadn't even watched the final play again up until two weeks ago when I couldn't turn the channel fast enough surfing past ESPN.

There's absolutely no joy that can be gained from re-watching that loss, so no you're not in the minority. You're in the vast majority.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Can't blame you one iota Mark.
I cannot and will not EVER watch XL*. Doubt I'll ever watch XLIX either. Just too painful though at least it wasn't stolen from us by 'outside' factors like XL* was.

therealsm

Reaction score
I haven't watched SB 40 or 49 either. 49 was on NFL: Network the other night and I had to change the channel.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Have it on my DVR, have yet to re watch it! I did however watch the last 7 minutes of the NFCCG again yesterday and I am still smiling because of it! Anyone with SAD or otherwise feeling a little glum would do well to do the same on this dreary rainy afternoon!

chris98251

Reaction score
It's like an ex spouse, you tend not to go back and want to re live the worst part of that situation, there may have been great moments but the final outcome leaves a bad taste that you would rather not experience again.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I haven't watched it. Haven't watched the 2012 Atlanta playoff game either.

I've had this idea for a while that might help me re-center and rediscover proper perspective. Using Game Rewind, I'd like to rewatch every game of the Pete Carroll era this offseason. Likely the condensed versions. Every once in a while it hits me that our Seahawks just went to BACK-TO-BACK SUPER BOWLS. That's crazy. But, then again, that's the expectation that Pete, John, LOB, Russell, etc., have created.

And just like our guys had to do last season, I'm looking to recapture the spirit of hunger, drive, and togetherness that got us to this perennial upper echelon. I have a feeling that reliving those back-to-back 7-9 seasons will realign my perceptions and add a worthwhile dose of humility and gratitude to my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.

By the time I get to the Atlanta game I might have to sneak Rain City Redemption in there. The high of XLVIII never fades. At this point, though, I'm not sure if all the context will make XLIX worse or better. I'm just hoping it gets me fired up enough to accept what's done and get ready for what could be the Carroll-led Seahawks' best season yet.

Somewhere in there I might hit up some old Saints games to fan the flames of Graham-mania. :3:

idahohawk

Reaction score
I have only watched, via animated gifs, the analyses of the last INT. You know, the time we were 36" from back to back Superb Owl wins, and the other coach was doing us a favor by letting the clock run down, so we decided it would be cool to throw a slant to our most undisciplined route runner, despite the fact that we have one of the best RBs in the NFL and quite possibly the most mobile, athletic, smart QBs in the NFL?

But I digress. I still can't muster up the courage to re-watch one second of that game. And I don't plan on being able to watch it anytime soon.