How is our offense going to change?

blazen2392

Reaction score
How do you all think our offense is going to change? I personally would like to see us move away from a running team to a passing team. I would like this JG acquisition to mean we are not running beast mode into the ground.

I would like to see Russell post up 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs in the air. All we were missing from our offense was balance to truly make us dangerous. If our passing game is the main focus with everything else from Wilson's/Beastmode's legs is secondary to complement a dangerous passing attack we could possibly go undefeated next year if we have AT LEAST a top ten passing game in the league. Beastmode and Wilson taking off in the pocket should be a safety net, not a focus.

chris98251

Reaction score
Those fantasy stats would look good but then again what your saying already happened, just not with the Seahawks doing it. They ran the ball or made a team focus on stopping it and played defense against that kind of offense.

F081185506cb02158f802281b0c27849

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope they score more points, and turn red zone FG's into TD's. "I'm Jimmy" will help that. Need to get O-line help. I wont mention the other thing..... 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ae5yfkc7 said:
I hope they score more points, and turn red zone FG's into TD's. "I'm Jimmy" will help that. Need to get O-line help. I wont mention the other thing..... 8)

Agreed, we can control TOP and put up a lot more points if our FG's are touchdowns, hopefully a lot less three and outs as well and not converting the ones we do get from 15 yards away like we seem to have to do.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1kdynrf0 said:
With scoring more points it helps mitigate our OL issues because they can keep going to their strength which would be run blocking. Which helps with TOP and tempo and a host of other things like being able to force teams into one dimensional offensive tactics that our defense feasts on because they are forced to play catch up because we're two or three scores up instead of being in a close game like year's past.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I expect maybe another 5-7 passes a game. but really the threat of Graham is as important to the run game as safeties won't be able to cheat down in the box. I expect Marshawn's YPC to rise by several tenths. And yes, I see RW with more passing yds and more TDs though not a huge amount more.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I don't see 4000 yards happening real soon. Run first will still be the short term plan with the current team. But for that to work, passing when you want/need to has to be viable (Cap'n O here). As stated, red zone and 3rd down efficiency is where it's at for this team.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
This a running team and that will not change. What Graham will do is help take some of the heat off of Lynch. You don't give Lynch the contract extension like they did to become a passing team. What passing game we do have just got better not bigger.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I don't see it changing, i see it being more efficient.

Think of every drop in the passing game that pissed you off last year. Then imagine it's a catch.

That's what i see.

Laloosh

Reaction score
chris98251":37hbbmop said:
Those fantasy stats would look good but then again what your saying already happened, just not with the Seahawks doing it. They ran the ball or made a team focus on stopping it and played defense against that kind of offense.

F081185506cb02158f802281b0c27849

The ironic thing is that Russell was like 3rd in fantasy points among QBs last year wasn't he?

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
We went to the Super bowl two years in a row so there's an element of "If it ain't broke..." for me, but some of those games were too close for comfort, some we shouldn't have lost at all, and it took pretty close to divine intervention to win the NFCCG. I too would like to see more balanced attacks on offense, but I don't want to move away from being a running team. Beast Mode's getting paid, Russell's still got young legs - let's keep riding this ride.

But since you asked for a prediction...I say we come out next season just like we always have. Run 2/3rds of the time, throw 1/3rd of the time. If it works, that's what will keep happening. If Jimmy Graham (and/or some of our other guys) proves to be an absolute sticky-handed monster that catches everything Russ lobs at him, I expect to see more of that. But I don't think we come out the gate too much differently than seasons past.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Basis4day":2jt2y3q1 said:

Think of every drop in the passing game that pissed you off last year. Then imagine it's a catch.

That's what i see.
That's a good way to put it, said it better than I did!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2oj6bnup said:
Basis4day":2oj6bnup said:

That's what i see.
That's a good way to put it, said it better than I did!

That's all that's necessary isn't it? It's not about passing more, it's about passing better.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I expect a lot fewer 3 & outs, because with more sustained drives, you get more rest time for our Defense.
I want to see some Red Zone Magic this Season.

OP
OP
B

blazen2392

Reaction score
I think we need to experiment a little. Maybe make our offense slightly more pass heavy than it has always been. I just see russell not developing as a passer if we continue to rely on the run this heavily. we are screwed the moment we loose lynch.

Tical21

Reaction score
Presuming we still have the best defense in the league, I'd like to see us run it more often and become a little bit more conservative.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I see us using Graham as a WR who will draw opponents best DB. That will open things up for Baldwin in the slot. When Richardson is back and able to play at full speed we will have all the elements of a dynamic offense.

I love the idea of Graham #1, Mathews #2, Baldwin in the slot and Luke Willson at TE. Three 6'5" targets and a speedy/shifty Baldwin going against lesser CB's. Add in the threat of RW and Beast mode running. Good night.

The run/pass percentage will be very close to 50/50 and extremely unpredictable. Our 3rd down and red zone efficiency will be among the best in the NFL and our offense will sustain drives better than ever helping out our D.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OP, it will only change for the better.

If a D stacks the box with 8 men, the team will now pass to the intermediate zone and with success. When they back off from cover zero Lynch will seriously gouge them, or the read option will succeed and the D will need to go back to cover zero. Rinse, repeat, until the deep play is available and then the big play will happen. You'll be happy then.

As well they will be devastingly strong in the rad zone, and with the clock control gained from the consistently strong running game the D will be strong as well, not that it isn't already.

Now they need to find a downfield stretcher some OLinemen, another DE, and refresh the secondary depth.

Why would you want to change a successful running offence unless you could make it better,? Adding Graham will accomplish just that, but the nature of the team on O won't change while Pete is the boss here. The Hawks will remain a run first O, but the changes upcoming will be fun to watch.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Frankly the way it was w/o Graham wasn't that bad, with him hopefully things will be improved. I suspect other DCs will crap themselves trying to figure out how to stop the Hawks in the redzone and will have trouble deciding which poison to defend against.

Meanwhile I hope they have the usually really really strong D which is of course abided by the above.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":2b77gb14 said:
How do you all think our offense is going to change? I personally would like to see us move away from a running team to a passing team. I would like this JG acquisition to mean we are not running beast mode into the ground. I would like to see Russell post up 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs in the air. All we where missing from our offense was balance to truly make us dangerous. If our passing game is the main focus with everything else from wilsons/beastmodes legs is secondary to complement a dangerous passing attack we could possibly go undefeated next year if we have AT LEAST a top ten passing game in the league. Beastmode and Wilson taking off in the pocket should be a Safety net, not a focus.
Where have I seen this kind of thinking?Sounds just like an old poster we had..Anyway it doesn't work like you want,I understand the concept but theres TOP and a rested defense to think of..You have more TO's passing the ball than anything.Two SB's doing it the way we do isn't a fluke.There's nothing to fix.Improve yes and thats what JG is for.