Jimmy Graham/ Max Unger trade finalized

lukerguy

Reaction score
Unger passed his physical.

Sigh. of. relief.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PaulGAllen/status/577604541329190912[/tweet]

MrThortan

Reaction score
Oh yah! Been waiting for Max's results. Glad this is a done deal!

Basis4day

Reaction score

Hawks46

Reaction score
The more we analyze this trade and look at the ways Graham can impact our offense, the more excited I'm getting.

Seriously getting Pumped and Jacked, and we haven't even hit the draft yet.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
What am I supposed to worry about now?

Oh ya, we are electing Greg Hardy team captain and RW is a supermodel.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I get nervous with every trade that someone will fail a physical. I was especially nervous with Unger.

Glad this is overwith, now we can have fun. Jimmy Graham is going to be a nice piece to have in our Offense.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Can't wait to see how Bevell screws this up.

Going to be interesting.

mikeak

Reaction score
lukerguy":12sqokfe said:
Unger passed his physical.

Sigh. of. relief.

SWEET - I really wanted that 4th round pick. Not sure about the Graham dude or the 1st rounder but the 4th!!!! going to be awesome :stirthepot:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Now that the trade has been finalized, I fully expect the next wave of news will be:

Jimmy Graham and Seahawks restructure contract.

And half-expectantly:

Seahawks sign Stefan Wisniewski.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3mz0386e said:
Now that the trade has been finalized, I fully expect the next wave of news will be:

Jimmy Graham and Seahawks restructure contract.

And half-expectantly:

Seahawks sign Stefan Wisniewski.

I don't think Graham needs to restructure. He's on a 3 year, $27 million deal now. That's less money than Julius Thomas is going to be making over the next 3 years, as well as lots of other top receiving options that were on the market. The Saints paid a bunch in the up-front cost already.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I was thinking along the lines of adding a year to the deal and converting his roster bonuses into signing bonuses.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Seems like the 4th round pick was hinging on Unger passing... other then that why would he mention that pick specifically?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sprfunk":pj9k5a8t said:
Seems like the 4th round pick was hinging on Unger passing... other then that why would he mention that pick specifically?

The way Allen has talked about this whole thing, it has seemed like two separate trades.

He said Graham was "officially a Seahawk" after his physical even though Unger hadn't taken a physical yet.

Then he says we officially get a 4th after Unger passed his physical.

I wonder if the Hawks worked two separate trades (Graham for a 1st and then Unger for a 4th) but it was reported as a package deal...that's sure what it seems like Allen is saying.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HawkFan72":32gk0luw said:
Sprfunk":32gk0luw said:

The way Allen has talked about this whole thing, it has seemed like two separate trades.

He said Graham was "officially a Seahawk" after his physical even though Unger hadn't taken a physical yet.

Then he says we officially get a 4th after Unger passed his physical.

I wonder if the Hawks worked two separate trades (Graham for a 1st and then Unger for a 4th) but it was reported as a package deal...that's sure what it seems like Allen is saying.

We would not have traded Unger for a 4th unless it was a necessary condition of the Jimmy Graham trade.

But you may be right that the contract would have been severed in the event of a failed physical.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3gw16kc6 said:
I get nervous with every trade that someone will fail a physical. I was especially nervous with Unger.

Glad this is overwith, now we can have fun. Jimmy Graham is going to be a nice piece to have in our Offense.

And our guys will toughen him up. Those itty bitty tough guy wannabes on the Saints didn't give him any reason to up his grit factor. ;)

mikeak

Reaction score
I saw a point made about this trade on CBS which I hadn't considered.

The trade with Graham meant that the Saints ate all the signing bonus. That means huge flexibility if it doesn't pan out. The Seahawks can cut him or ask him to restructure.

If we had signed Thomas as FA then you have much more limited options as you are eating the signing bonus if you cut him. They have similiar cap numbers overall for 3 years but very different structure.

I like it