Will the Players Trust Carroll in 2015?

farhat

Reaction score
Earl Thomas posted this on twitter on Feb. 2nd: https://instagram.com/p/ynUHWIh1oC/

And then he wrote: "I feel like he is talking to me. I can't let politics get in the way of my love for the game."

Earl is saying it was politics that got in the way of Carroll giving the ball to Lynch. The franchise loves Russell Wilson. This is how the players feel. This discussion goes back to the Percy drama. Whatever we think about it doesn't matter. My concern is: does Earl really believe that politics got in the way of that last call?

Lynch was definitely saying a couple of weeks ago in Turkey that he felt the same way.

Bryon Maxwell was also commenting on how hurt he was that they didn't run the ball. I know that Maxwell is gone, but does he express the sentiment of other players? A lot of these guys are cynical, especially Lynch and Baldwin.

Are there other players that feel the same way on our team? And if so, will they not be playing with the same heart as we're used to?

Chapow

Reaction score
No, the players won't trust Carroll at all in 2015. It's going to be a full on mutiny.

I mean, why would anybody trust the coach that has gotten you to back to back Super Bowls?

12thbrah

Reaction score
Im sure once training camp starts the whole "final play" issue will get squashed. The offseason gives players too much time to overthink this stuff

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
This is dumb. Get over the drama. Pete Carroll has all the power and holds the hammer. Who cares who trusts who? If people dont buy in then they are gone. So guess what? They buy in. Simple.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
farhat":1jel5r3r said:
Earl Thomas posted this on twitter on Feb. 2nd: https://instagram.com/p/ynUHWIh1oC/

And then he wrote: "I feel like he is talking to me. I can't let politics get in the way of my love for the game."

Earl is saying it was politics that got in the way of Carroll giving the ball to Lynch. The franchise loves Russell Wilson. This is how the players feel. This discussion goes back to the Percy drama. Whatever we think about it doesn't matter. My concern is: does Earl really believe that politics got in the way of that last call?

Lynch was definitely saying a couple of weeks ago in Turkey that he felt the same way.

Bryon Maxwell was also commenting on how hurt he was that they didn't run the ball. I know that Maxwell is gone, but does he express the sentiment of other players? A lot of these guys are cynical, especially Lynch and Baldwin.

Are there other players that feel the same way on our team? And if so, will they not be playing with the same heart as we're used to?

You personally know ET and Marshawn? Wow...thanks for the 'insider' info.

BTW: If perhaps you don't know ET and Marshawn personally; then please shut up!

Hyak

Reaction score
I am sure there are some players that think the conspiracy is valid. It doesn't mean they are correct nor does it mean than trust is gone. There isn't a better coach than PC to work through this if there are lingering issues.

Honestly, the JG trade is a jolt to move forward and I suspect everyone will be in line with that. Malcontents can either buy in or they will get shipped out.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
How do you have any clue what ET is referring to? Why automatically assume it's about Carroll?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":36m7lzzq said:
How do you have any clue what ET is referring to? Why automatically assume it's about Carroll?
Because if you automatically assume it is about Carroll then you have something to talk about and worry over. Hooray for twitter!

Mojambo

Reaction score
No offense but I'm pretty sure you're totally full of crap.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
If the players didn't trust Carroll they wouldn't have signed their big contracts in Seattle, they would have signed them somewhere else.

LTH

Reaction score
I think once mini camps start and things get going, everybody is going to forget what happen and they will focas on the now...

LTH

sc85sis

Reaction score
For all we know he could have been talking about some of the crappy officiating we've seen in the last few years, or about Goodell and his ever-changing policy on domestic abuse or any number of things.

staga206

Reaction score
Dude. Move on with this BS! Trust or not. If they want to keep there jobs then move on. Politics can...

King Dog

Reaction score
Conspiracy theories are hilarious, and way above these guys pay grades. No one's giving anyone a hometown discount. Lace em up, strap it on and go and hit somebody like you're paid millions to do.

OP
OP
F

farhat

Reaction score
Brock and Salk understood Earl that way. What else would he be talking about the day after the Super Bowl in the light of the quote he referenced?

Most of you made the point: if they don't buy in, then they're out. But, that isn't going to help us. If we have to get rid of more players then we lose. We want to have less turnover at this point, not more.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
These guys are not robots...of course they will second guess and criticize...maybe not best to do it in public though....it's hard to let go of the worst play in pro sports history....24= 2 rings...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
farthat":mt0w4m3o said:
Brock and Salk understood Earl that way. What else would he be talking about the day after the Super Bowl in the light of the quote he referenced?

Most of you made the point: if they don't buy in, then they're out. But, that isn't going to help us. If we have to get rid of more players then we lose. We want to have less turnover at this point, not more.

Emotions were running high the day after the Super Bowl. The best thing for everyone is to move on.

So much has happened since Feb. 2. We have extended Marshawn and added a dynamic receiving weapon to our passing offense. We still have the best looking defense in the league with 10/11 starters returning, and we added an 11th starter from the Eagles.

Now, look forward to the draft where we will have at least 10 draft picks (and probably 11) to work with. Blowing up the offensive line may be the best thing for this team in the longterm; we need more young talent for Cable to develop that is not so prone to injuries.

As far as the emotional state of the team, there is no better coach in football to deal with it than Pete Carroll.