Status
Not open for further replies.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/577887854774214656[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/577890179115040768[/tweet]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hopefully nothing, Clarence Hill is apparently some Cowboys beat writer...

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, that is tough if true. I will certainly be concerned with the state of the locker room if this is indeed real. Maybe this is a reason we would be considering Hardy more than expected?

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
He sees that Wagner is going to be paid, RW going to be paid, Beast is already paid. Writing is on the wall.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Wait? What? It's not April 1st. What's the deal?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
That would suck, respected member of our locker room and undoubtedly our best lineman. Would eat $6m for it too. Wonder what Atlanta would give up for him, maybe their 2nd?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Not necessarily.

Maybe Bennett is getting pissed about hearing we're interested in Hardy. Maybe Bennett really liked Quinn, and wants to play for him and get more money.

Possibly he has buyer's remorse about his contract with the Seahawks after seeing the big contracts in FA and knowing the cap is going up. There are players that want to be high paid, and forget that they were highly paid when they signed their contract, and want to be highly paid compared to guys signing contracts now. Remember, this is a guy that said he wasn't Costco.

One thing is for sure: if this is true, Bennett is killing his leverage. You're telling a team you want to be traded, but only to one team, while you're telling the other team "hey, I'm getting good money, but I want MORE money".

If it is true, the Hawks need to talk to Hardy's agent and tell him not to let Dallas blow him away. Hardy can do the same things Bennett does, by sliding inside, he's more explosive outside, and he's younger. I'd be REALLY happy giving him Bennett's contact, which is probably more than anyone else is going to offer him (obviously protecting the team with some clauses if he gets in trouble again).

This is kinda dumb on Bennett's part if true. We're after a FA that doesn't have a lot of interest in the league, and is one and a half times the player Bennett is.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
jake206":39i247am said:
He sees that Wagner is going to be paid, RW going to be paid, Beast is already paid. Writing is on the wall.

Maybe he's mad that he took a discount to stay but he doesn't think anyone else is doing that.

Hyak

Reaction score
One year into a new deal? Good luck with that.

If he wants out, so be it but it will be on Seattle's terms.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Wow hopefully it's not about Jimmy Graham, he didn't say nice things about him the last time they met, he even said he hated him as a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.