The Boz & #44

652cHAWK

Reaction score

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3ibirgrn said:
I can't believe he got a real restraining order to wear the number. Hilarious.

If I remember correctly he (&r the team) also lied about the fact that he'd be a part-time TE to get the number assigned in the first place. It was only after he played zero snaps on offense that the NFL pulled the plug on him wearing that number.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
You are correct kidhawk. I was always hoping they would allow him to wear 44. The Bo Jackson play would have been different dammit! Not really but...

SeatownJay

Reaction score
kidhawk":82ou5qrq said:
HawkFan72":82ou5qrq said:

If I remember correctly he (&r the team) also lied about the fact that he'd be a part-time TE to get the number assigned in the first place. It was only after he played zero snaps on offense that the NFL pulled the plug on him wearing that number.
DB, not TE. The Seahawks said they might list him as a safety so he could legally wear #44.

A

Anonymous

Don't even get me started on Bosworth...

I have my issues about how that player was handled from a coaching standpoint, and from a strength and conditioning standpoint. Back in those days, the correct amount of money and/or emphasis was certainly not paid to keep players healthy physically, let alone mentally.

Had Bosworth worn some of the cool-ass shoulder pads and braces they have now, and had access to the nutritional, and weight-room training, and even the mental health stuff the team has now, he would have been our version of Ray Lewis. As it turns out, ownership didn't invest in what they needed to keep any player healthy, and it showed.

All through the 80's in particular.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
DB, not TE. The Seahawks said they might list him as a safety so he could legally wear #44.

Actually they toyed with the idea of a new position (if only in name) of Monster DB. It obviously didn't fly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":zasdfewd said:
HawkFan72":zasdfewd said:

They tried to call him a "Monster DB" so he could keep the number.

razor150

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":tje23zp4 said:
Don't even get me started on Bosworth...

I have my issues about how that player was handled from a coaching standpoint, and from a strength and conditioning standpoint. Back in those days, the correct amount of money and/or emphasis was certainly not paid to keep players healthy physically, let alone mentally.

Had Bosworth worn some of the cool-ass shoulder pads and braces they have now, and had access to the nutritional, and weight-room training, and even the mental health stuff the team has now, he would have been our version of Ray Lewis. As it turns out, ownership didn't invest in what they needed to keep any player healthy, and it showed.

All through the 80's in particular.

Kenny Easley paid the price of the team having such bad medical staff. It is insane that they had to trade hin to find out his kidneys were failing due to all the drugs they were putting in him.

seabowl

Reaction score
44 Blues was his company. That is why he wanted 44.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":31omquv4 said:

Actually they toyed with the idea of a new position (if only in name) of Monster DB. It obviously didn't fly.
This is exactly it!

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2ivhfowd said:
If that new rule flies then the Hawks can retire Boz's #44.

LMAO

idk why i never did before.... I'm getting one. I was 16 or so when he came to the Hawks and I was extremely excited.

love the BOZ and I defend him every chance I hear someone call him a bust or bring up the Bo Jackson play. Love Bo too btw.

EDIT: check the sig

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
seabowl":1i0aqh2o said:
44 Blues was his company. That is why he wanted 44.
Actually that was his number in college and he didn't start with the 44 blues until the NFL said he couldn't wear 44 anymore. At least that's my recollection.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I remember Julian Peterson wanting the number 44 as well. I believe he stated that he wanted everyone to know that he could still run a 4.4 40.

evergreen

Reaction score
Mike McCormick labeled him a monster DB. Remember how pissed fredd brown was that the Boz got all that $$$?

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Boz's tiny hands are clapping right now.
Meanwhile, his tiny feet are taking him to the set of a less than B rated movie.