Cary Williams on his Seattle Signing

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I have a feeling I'm gonna like Cary Williams.

There wasn't that much difference in performance in terms of the PFF grades between him and Max. Take it with a grain of salt but Williams played 400 more snaps than Max and didn't have the luxury of a great defense and elite Secondary aiding his weaknesses.

And his 6 apy average looks like a bargain compared to what most of the other 2nd level corners got on the market like Culliver, Skine, Tramon Williams, and House got with their deals.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Watch Max get torched without Sherm, Kam, and Earl.

Dude underwhelmed me, and I always felt he was the weakest link.

Williams will have his chance to play ball now that he has back up.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Funny, of all the players signed from other teams who were a little worse for the wear, I have the highest of hopes for this one.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think he will do great, something tells me we will get back to being an INT machine team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am very optimistic. I remember watching him when he was on the Ravens and wishing he was on the Hawks in the 2012 Playoffs. I forgot about him when he went to Philly, but when his name started being connected to the Seahawks I remembered I really liked his style of play. When he is on a good Defense, he's really good.

rcaido

Reaction score
I know nothing of him but from the highlights he looks terrible...Seems like Brandon Browner 2.0 without the hard hits, just slow CB that doesn't turn around for the ball with an attitude.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I think he will fit in well with the rest of the guys in the secondary. I think he fits what they want to do here so I'm optimistic he can do what is needed.

Even before the draft, I like how the CB position is shaping up. I think the Blackmon signing could be an underrated one that turns out to be a plus.

zhawk

Reaction score
rcaido":18ektxwn said:
I know nothing of him but from the highlights he looks terrible...Seems like Brandon Browner 2.0 without the hard hits, just slow CB that doesn't turn around for the ball with an attitude.

No offense, but I think I'll trust the coaches evaluation a little more than yours. :th2thumbs:

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Largent80":1vv2cz4a said:
Watch Max get torched without Sherm, Kam, and Earl.

Dude underwhelmed me, and I always felt he was the weakest link.

Williams will have his chance to play ball now that he has back up.

The one area where Max excelled was that "6 inch punch" to knock balls out like he did in 48 (and several other times).
To be fair, I think anyone would be the weak link with those 3, but yeah, I highly doubt that Philly Phan is going to feel like his performance is meeting that outrageous contract he got.

It will be interesting to compare Cary & Maxwell to see how much each benefitted or suffered from their supporting cast.

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks gave this guy Avril/Bennett type money. Pretty high for a reclamation project of sorts. I see that as reason to be excited. The Seahawks generally target value FAs. If they think this guy is a good value at $6m APY, they must think they can get him play at a high level.

Normally they get average corners for free. Knowing that was an option and still making this move, they must believe that Williams will be far above average in their system.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
This dude is gonna bring his a game. Look at his combine numbers. Hes the epitome of LOB.

original poster

Reaction score
He's definitely a strong signing. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he puts up better stats than Max!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Listened to the podcast someone had linked here from 710 right after he was signed. He went to a small school and had a bunch of different jobs to pay his way. He also wasn't drafted highly. He knows the value of hard work and competition. I think he will fit in well with our guys.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Heard that too. Seems like working like us average Joes/Janes gave him a good perspective.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/580162434704408576[/tweet]

The video is in the link below the pic.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2u4aramt said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/580162434704408576[/tweet]

The video is in the link below the pic.

haha I completely forgot about that. Worst flop of the year!

Latest posts