TJack visiting Miami today per PFTalk

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
An identical contract to the one he had last year would add around $750k to our cap. Given that we're royally fecked if Russ goes down regardless, it might make sense to save that for someone else.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
It would make sense for Seattle to re-sign Jackson. If not, they need to find an experienced backup.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what his agent is asking for his services. He's been a good value backup for the Hawks. Since they don't need a developmental QB on the active roster, I'd like to see him locked up for 3 years at something like $1.8 million per.

crosfam

Reaction score
Uh oh. I think he is a better #2 that some on this board seem to think. If he goes, I bet we bring in Matt Shaub or Matt Moore to see if they are better insurance policies than Daniels. Just please, no Tebow talk. I don't think Jimmy Graham can jump high enough to catch those throws.

McGruff

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2ncvc8xb said:
a good starting option there for sure

Jackson will not start in Miami. Tannehill is a star in the making. Frankly the move would confuse for Tajack for just that reason. He'd be on the bench behind an up and coming young Qb again.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
I was thinking of Matt Moore as a fallback option, Another would be Jason Campbell. Flynn is out there too BTW. So is Schaub, who hasn't been the same since Sherman broke him.

My personal preference would be to re-sign Jackson.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":24uybovv said:
a good starting option there for sure

Not a chance he starts if Miami signs him, he is a backup QB at this point of his career, he has had the chance to show he is a starter and did not get the job done.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It blows my mind that teams won't sign TJack. He's better than a lot of these QBs such as EJ Manuel and Geno Smith. I just don't get it! He's the #1 backup in my book for 2 reasons, as a starter he's an 8-8 QB, and he's tough as nails.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I think Tjack is a "nice to have" option for us. But if it comes down to $'s I would be fine with Daniels. You know they will bring in at least a few camp bodies again this year just to see what's out there.

Side Note: In the NFCCG when we went to OT the Packers sent half their team out there for the toss and we sent Tjack and Ryan I think. When he picked the toss I told my wide " see that, Tjack just won us the game"!

Seafan

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1ylynled said:
I think Tjack is a "nice to have" option for us. But if it comes down to $'s I would be fine with Daniels. You know they will bring in at least a few camp bodies again this year just to see what's out there.

Side Note: In the NFCCG when we went to OT the Packers sent half their team out there for the toss and we sent Tjack and Ryan I think. When he picked the toss I told my wide " see that, Tjack just won us the game"!

TJack didn't pick, the packers did.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hope TJack will be back. He's a fantastic backup.

But he will just get a 1 year minimum deal in Seattle. If he can get more money elsewhere, he deserves to get it.

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
Would not be the craziest idea in the world to trade for Barkley. Knows the offense, young, and cheap.

crosfam

Reaction score
Trade a low 7 for Barkley and a higher 7. That would make it fair.