What's happening with Big Willy Tukuafu?(Re-signed by Hawks)

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
Any news on Schneids and PC's plans for Big Willy? Can't seem to find much info out there and personally thought he was a great addition to the hawks last year. With his versatility it would be nice to see him on the roster somewhere...

jkitsune

Reaction score
I actually thought Tukuafu seemed ineffective as a lead blocker, and that people only love him because of his versatility and his size, and not because of his performance on the field. I could be completely wrong, but that was my untrained perception of him.

j hawk

Reaction score
Loved how well Tukuafu blasted openings for Lynch. He held his own while on D. Hope they re-sign him .

saroos

Reaction score
To me it looked that Lynch trusted Tukuafu as a lead blocker a lot more then Coleman.

zifnab32

Reaction score
Largent80":12xry6ma said:
I saw him blocking his ass off. Plus he can catch the ball.

...he had one catch for 4 yards last year. That was his only catch in his career.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Toward the end of last year, Tukuafu was blocking at a near elite level for Marshawn and should have played more snaps. Coleman is not half the blocker and his one catch every four games does not compensate for that reality, IMO.

Graham, Willson, and Helfet are not strong blockers. Moeaki is gone. Bailey is a weak run blocker. Whoever replaces Unger at center is likely to be a major downgrade as a run blocker.

I pray to the football Gods that we sign Tukuafu for the league minimum (he also gives us utility as a backup interior rusher) and that he plays more than he did last season.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think they will wait till they get most their money allocated and bring him back on a basic salary.

253hawk

Reaction score
zifnab32":2tnra0so said:
Largent80":2tnra0so said:

...he had one catch for 4 yards last year. That was his only catch in his career.

I think he had a catch before that with SF, but it was in a playoff game so it didn't count as a 'career' catch.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I would like to see Tukuafu brought in as training camp competition, but I think the coaches view Coleman as the long-term starter at FB.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I thought Tuku was AWESOME last year as a lead blocker for Lynch. It was so much fun watching him blow up LB's and safeties on replays, and seeing the "Oh Shoot!" expressions on the LB or Safety when they realized they had to take on Tukuafu, that brief look they'd have on their faces, just before getting pancaked. Priceless!! That alone was worth bringing Tukuafu back for.

rideaducati

Reaction score
olyfan63":3gqt4lrr said:
I thought Tuku was AWESOME last year as a lead blocker for Lynch. It was so much fun watching him blow up LB's and safeties on replays, and seeing the "Oh Shoot!" expressions on the LB or Safety when they realized they had to take on Tukuafu, that bri. ef look they'd have on their faces, just before getting pancaked. Priceless!! That alone was worth bringing Tukuafu back for.

Then, when the Seahawks ran play action those same LBs made a slight cut to totally take Toku out of the play and then blasted Russell for the sack. If Toku has to change direction to make a pass block he usually whiffs on that block. He is almost useless at pass protection.

Largent80

Reaction score
zifnab32":2jjhcbkf said:
Largent80":2jjhcbkf said:

So in other words, he is perfect catching the ball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like the guy and thr energy he brings.I hope we keep him

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Largent80":3tvumo8o said:
zifnab32":3tvumo8o said:
Largent80":3tvumo8o said:

I'm undefeated as an NFL starting QB.

OP
OP
Sonicsdave

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2i3c9giv said:
Toward the end of last year, Tukuafu was blocking at a near elite level for Marshawn and should have played more snaps. Coleman is not half the blocker and his one catch every four games does not compensate for that reality, IMO.

Graham, Willson, and Helfet are not strong blockers. Moeaki is gone. Bailey is a weak run blocker. Whoever replaces Unger at center is likely to be a major downgrade as a run blocker.

I pray to the football Gods that we sign Tukuafu for the league minimum (he also gives us utility as a backup interior rusher) and that he plays more than he did last season.

Agreed- I thought it took him a few games to learn the scheme and then he really started to punish people with his size and strength, saw him take on DE's a few times and stop them dead in their tracks. With all the changes on the OL, I think he would be a great versatile piece to keep on the roster. Hopefully it gets done.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawknballs":57cxtvfy said:
Largent80":57cxtvfy said:
zifnab32":57cxtvfy said:
Largent80":57cxtvfy said:

I'm undefeated as an NFL starting QB.

Is that glass half full type of thing?

Cause I see you as a winless NFL QB. I must be a pessimist.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I liked him. Saw some big blocks and he seems like a realy humble guy. The kind you want in your locker room.

cacksman

Reaction score
zifnab32":twbpv69e said:
Largent80":twbpv69e said:

don't take anything largent80 says seriously.