Kevin Williams

Hawks46

Reaction score
Anyone here what's going on with him ? Are we waiting for him to tell us if he's playing, or are the Hawks waiting on something to resign him ?

To be honest, I felt Williams did a great job last year, both at 3 tech and in a new position filling in for Mebane. I thought it would be a no brainer to bring him back on another value 1 year deal like before. I thought this would be one of the quicker signings in FA. He wants to win, we'll get him there, and we can rotate him and he's fine with that.

McGruff

Reaction score
Kevin Williams is the kind of vet you wait until after the draft to sign.

Hyak

Reaction score
I think he's still deciding whether he wants to play or not. Last year, he didn't sign until June 12th.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
I saw somewhere where Farwell (both ex Vikings) was interviewed and stated that Williams told him the team wants him back but they hadn't moved forward.

Storts

Reaction score
Hope we bring him back, deserves another shot at a ring

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Depending on what happens in the draft I would be all for having Williams back if some of the young guys don't look ready to roll. I just wonder what the D-line will look like after the draft. The team has a number of guys who are in a make or break camp I would guess. Think of the guys lined up behind the starters right now,

67 Landon Cohen DT (probably gone)
70 David King DE (probably gone)
91 Cassius Marsh DE (should be a solid DE/DT guy going into his 2nd season)
98 Greg Scruggs DE (make or break camp)
75 D'Anthony Smith DT (make or break camp)
90 Jesse Williams DT (make or break camp)
Ahtyba Rubin DT/DE (could be a nice rotational guy if the team doesn't draft a DT early in the draft)
69 Jimmy Staten DT (still wondering what happens with Staten, he seems like a dark horse after a full year of learning the ropes and getting stronger, there was a reason the team took him in the 5th round last year)

Just looking at that group I like a couple of guys (Marsh, Rubin) and Staten and Williams intrigue me but the depth seems thin. I can't imagine the team doesn't draft at least 2-3 DE/DT in the draft to push all of these guys, but I think Kevin Williams will only come back if some of these young guys don't show some of that progression/upside the coaching staff is looking for.

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
He was definitely an unsung hero last year, brought a lot of stability, consistency and veteran leadership to the DL.