XLVIII vs XLIX... A way to get jacked for 50!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm sitting here just perusing Seahawk crap online, and the thought ran across my head.... "ya know... you DO have Super Bowl 48 just sitting there on your DVR, dumb-ass"... So, bereft of any true plans on this Friday night, I copped a buzz and fired 'er up...

Wow... talk about a cure for the 49 blues... :shock: :D

It's so funny looking back on it, how "most" people thought the Donks were gonna blow us out... LMFAO!

NOT! hahahaha.

I watched that whole m-fer and had the biggest smile on my face almost the whole game!

"F" 49.

We win 50 with Jimmy 'n stuff, I will care so much less about 49...

Oh please, Seahawks bad mojo spirit that haunted us for decades... let it be so... PLEASE?!

That is all. Just off-season time-waster crap.

Cheers! :thirishdrinkers:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I like.

Just this very day I printed some images evoking XLVIII to replace old pictures on the walls around here. I got a nice pairing in the Space Needle with 12 flag and the Empire State building lit up blue and green; and I got Pete's gatorade shower as well as John in the parade.

I'm down with a little 48 love right about now. I'm not going to cling to it 10+ years from now, but you're right, BT. A great cure for the last play and an energizer for the upcoming season is right there in XLVIII.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2nw11108 said:
but you're right, BT. A great cure for the last play and an energizer for the upcoming season is right there in XLVIII.

Gawd-damn right! :179422: :p

:thirishdrinkers:

We "won" the m'fer (49), and everybody knows it (unless you are currently digging your car out of a snow bank in the NorthEast).

Now let's finish making the whole country hate us... even MORE!!!

Gawd, we SO rock! Ain't this fun???

:twisted: Buwahahahaha!!!

Decimation

Reaction score
Gosh that was one epic day.. I remember I had the biggest grin on my face right from the first play (the safety) until the end. A day I will never truly forget and a day hawks fans will always embrace!!

We going to get back and win it this time!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Whoa... am I late to the party on this realization? That Super Bowl "49" caused us this much emotional pain? "49"ers???!!! ARGHHH!!!!

We SO have to win 50 on their HOME TURF (wherever THAT is)! BASTARDS! THEY DID THIS TO US!!!!

So anyhoo... that's my attempt at firing up the 12's... woo.

original poster

Reaction score
Winning 50 would certainly take away a lot of the 49 pain.

An exciting season is not too far away!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Watching XLVIII is the cure for anything. That was the perfect day! Total domination from beginning to end, making a HOF QB look like he didn't belong on that field with our team was priceless! GREAT TIMES!

Best of all watched the game with my dad, brother (long suffering Hawks fans) my sis-in law and nephew (who doesn't remember the Hawks having any horrible stretches in his 13 years). My sis-in law was just shaking her head at us sobbing and hugging goofballs as the clock reached 0:00. It teared up my nephew when he saw how much finally winning it all meant to his dad, grandfather, and uncle....

What a great day that no one can ever take away from us.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Now think back to the Behring years and I said to you that we will go to back to back superbowls and win one and be play away from back to back would you take that?

Now how would you like it if we went to three Superbowls in a row and went 2 out of three would you take that ? :thirishdrinkers:

Going big at 50..... Go Hawks

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think we all would love to win 50.
Doing it in that stadium would be huge.
I didn't even really think about 49 being in a Div. Rivals house that much but I've had 50 on my mind for a couple years.
HUGE I say, HUGE.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Not only is 48 an option, the NFCCG for both years show resiliency for our team. The tip and the terminator with our team coming back from near defeat to victory in 2015s....just cant beat that. Just finished watching preseason oikland vs us and we lost that one but we saw some things there that I thought were interesting. BJ Daniels did some running and seemed pretty good. Dunno what we are gonna do this year with him. But totally agree, there is some past games for uplifting enjoyment. Preach on. GO HAWKS.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think about it like this:

To lose SB 49, 3/4 of the LoB was seriously injured, and wouldn't have played if it was a regular game. Both safeties weren't themselves out there, and Kam still gave Edelman a concussion that the Pats managed to sidestep.

After Avril got hurt, Brady's QB rating went way up. He basically had no pressure after that. Think of all the injuries we suffered, just in the playoffs. It's an anomaly.

Wilson played poorly that game, yet still had us in position to win at the end, and it took a epically poor call by our coaching staff, plus a heroic play by the Pats defense (a play in which literally we did everything wrong at once).

And we still only lost by a yard.

Now picture the same defense, mostly the same OL, and last year's 10th ranked scoring offense. Now add Jimmy Graham. And we haven't even drafted yet.

I'm in.

Atradees

Reaction score
I have 48 and 49 on my note 3. I have to admit that 49 was awesome game, However, destroying the Donkeys (ran by elway-biatch) is something that lifts me up. Who the he double hell is Rod Smith? ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahah.

Latest posts