Clare Farnsworth is retiring.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
No! He's always been a huge part of the Seahawks and he made seahawks.com interesting again when he joined it (remember how bad the official site was before he got there?).

Hope he enjoys his retirement, I'll miss reading his articles.

farhat

Reaction score
Wow. He was one of the brightest Seahawks Insiders there was. If you really wanted some insight on a game, or a Seahawk's situation, he was the guy to listen to.

two dog

Reaction score
I have read Clare's column since way back in the P-I days and always found him to
be accurate as well as entertaining.

Greatly surprised when he named the leading players from each of the Seahawk
eras to find no mention of Russell Wilson on that list.. It wouldn't have happened
without Wilson.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
two dog":2tj1inyn said:
I have read Clare's column since way back in the P-I days and always found him to
be accurate as well as entertaining.

Greatly surprised when he named the leading players from each of the Seahawk
eras to find no mention of Russell Wilson on that list.. It wouldn't have happened
without Wilson.

No kidding...Heath Farwell and Jon Ryan, really?

netskier

Reaction score
He is probably losing his memory if he forgot Russell Wilson. Spite seems unlikely. Probably just aging.

Largent80

Reaction score
Iv'e always liked Clares writing and have been reading his work so long I can't even remember how long it's been. He will be missed.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I liked his work back at the PI but he became a total corporate shill once he started working for the Hawks. I eventually stopped reading his stuff because he was no longer objective. Hope he enjoys retirement

tdlabrie

Reaction score
As with a couple other posters, I've been reading Clare's stuff since very early PI days, right through his "e-clare" online posts. I have always found him to be thorough, incisive and completely entertaining. I will miss him.

chris98251

Reaction score
I remember him back in the Everett Herald also, read his stuff and then would bounce to the PI Green space area in the Sports section when they had it and read the other opinions.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Man this sucks. Tony V is weak sauce and Clare made .com worth visiting. Now I will never go there.

If .com were smart they would hire me to write for them and put together their videos ;)

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Farnsworth is one of the last of the old guard. Predating the internet – with its newfangled blogs, social media, and message boards ;) – he honed his craft on lowly newsprint, then relatively respectable newsprint, which became obsolete newsprint. I hold nothing against him for taking on the role of Seahawks Company Man Reporter in the twilight of his career. He stayed true to his voice and kept the Seahawks at the center of the story.

With today's glut of outlets and dearth of accountability, we're seeing less and less of his ilk. In his place are hungry youngsters and talentless hacks, all quick with a glib cliché and desperate to stir up controversy in hopes of making a living at it. And those are the good ones. The rest are just boring.

Here's to Clare Farnsworth – a media man who embodies the "good old days" in the best possible way – and his well-earned retirement.
:thirishdrinkers: