"Yes, I was expecting the ball"

Rocket

Reaction score
Waitiaminnit....

If Marshawn was actually "expecting the ball", his words, how exactly did the play call get communicated? Pete and Bev both said the play (throw) was called. If the play was called, who told who? If Lynch was told, then why was he expecting the ball.

Can anyone help the old guy???

Basis4day

Reaction score
Rocket":3sbt86v9 said:
Waitiaminnit....

If Marshawn was actually "expecting the ball", his words, how exactly did the play call get communicated? Pete and Bev both said the play (throw) was called. If the play was called, who told who? If Lynch was told, then why was he expecting the ball.

Can anyone help the old guy???

He was expecting a run call before the playcall came in. A run call was not called. That's all there is to it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
C'mon man, this has been discussed at length. Nobody is going to have a fresh take today, because nothing has changed. Players may have a feeling what the call is going to be before the play is actually communicated to them from the sideline or in the huddle, but that doesn't mean there was any type of communication break down. Lynch had an opinion....we all had an opinion. It's done, it's over, it's time to prepare for the 2015 season.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
He was expecting the ball, and then the play call came in as a pass... what is confusing about this? What am I missing here?

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
Wow... it's as if I spoke negatively of someone's maternal parent.
I didn't recall this specific aspect of "the play" being discussed.
My apologies if I ripped out anyones staples.

Carry on.

Oof

Reaction score
We want the ball... and we're gonna score!

Oh wait... wrong dead horse. :p

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He definitely knew the playcall. He did his assignment and leaked out as a receiver as soon as the ball was snapped. It's not like they were running play-action or read-option or anything where there could be confusion. As soon as the call came in, Marshawn knew it was a pass and played as such.

I think his comments mean that, generally, in that situation, he would expect the ball (not necessarily after that specific play was called).

chris98251

Reaction score
Rocket":1mwkebm3 said:
Wow... it's as if I spoke negatively of someone's maternal parent.
I didn't recall this specific aspect of "the play" being discussed.
My apologies if I ripped out anyones staples.

Carry on.

Then you obviously didn't read the 500 pages of posts in the multiple other threads.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I get the rehash aspect of this, but seriously... Why can't we talk about the fact that we lost? Is it THAT hard to get over? Took me all of ten minutes. Let me guess--I'm not as big a seahawk fan as you then... Right.

To those of you who say 'get over it', I say, "get over people already over it"

Latest posts